Chapter 26

Delilah

One thing which I understood while being captured here is that, you need to have a big brain.
My brain, being the size of a pea, is not helping me a lot right now. There was too much going on inside my head.

Caleb is such a sweet person. I wonder how he is related to such an asshole like Victor. He actually kept me company while I tried to suck out information out of him, which was basically useless.

However, it didn't stop from making me feel like shit for using him, but I decided that I'd take him out of this hellhole with me. He didn't deserve this.
The only info which I had gathered so far was that we were in the middle of nowhere, which is simply great.

I needed to get out of here quick but there were two freakin hulk sized humans out the door. And let's not forget how the door looked like it could actually withstand a nuclear blast.

Should I just stay here and wait for death to take me?

At this point, I felt like giving up and not doing anything. Might as well spend my last breath in the company of the one friend I made here.

I've thought of numerous ways to get out of here but when it came to the outcome, well let's say it wasn't very favorable. I've thought about using Caleb but decided not to endanger that lad's life because of me.

Am I really gonna die like this? Without seeing my family even once?

These thoughts made me want to breakdown and bawl my eyes out, but I was not going to break easily. I decided to stay strong and not lose hope in my family.

I know they will come for me.

"De-Delilah, I'm here!" Caleb comes in looking all happy. He has honestly been a great company down in this hellhole. I would have gone insane if I were to be alone, maybe even tried things which I would regret.

"Caleb! Done with your business?" I ask smiling at him. He said he had to do something a moment ago and didn't reply when asked about it. It had been a few hours since, but I was already bored without his company. He talked about so many things which I didn't understand but it felt good listening to him.

"Yup! And I think they'll be here soo-" Before I could understand what Caleb was talking about, loud bangs could be heard on the floor just above me.

What on my dear planet Earth!?

I looked back at Caleb to see that he suddenly had a whole change in his demeanor, looking more sinister and had an unsettling smile etched on his face.

"It was nice spending time with you, Delilah." His voice sounded eery, while his eyes studied me.

"Caleb?" I called out to him as he backed away from me.

"Until next time, love." And with that he disappeared. More like I couldn't see because of the terrible lighting.

I could not understand what was happening anymore. Did he have split personality?

What is happening?

Just then, I hear my brothers shouting and I thanked the heavens.
They had finally come for me.

"I'm here!" I shout as loud as I could. I heard the footsteps nearing towards me.

Dad was the first one to come into view, followed by my brothers. If it hadn't been for these damn bars, I would've ran and tackled them into a hug.
They finally saw me and the instant relief on their faces were clearly visible. I was crying by the time they rushed to open the cell I was in.

"My baby, are you okay? They didn't do anything to you right? Are you injured? I swear to god I will go and kill them twic-"

"Stop Dad. It's fine. I'm fine. I just want to go home, please." I say while pulling him into the tightest hug I could.

"Take her home, I'll finish up everything here." My dad says, the anger evident in his voice.

"Let's get you home princess." Ashton carries me out of the place and I see corpses strewn everywhere. I felt sick and hugged him so tight that I was surprised he didn't choke yet.

"We're so sorry for not being able protecting you, sorella." Tristan says when we reached the car. All of us get in, while Ashton settles me between Tyler and himself.

"It's not your fault. You couldn't have known about the abduction." I said while leaning my head on Ashton's shoulders.

I was so tired.

Tyler hadn't spoken a word and I was getting worried. I knew he was blaming himself for all this.

"Tyler, I'm here and I'm fine. You don't need to worry anymore, ok?" I hug him and that's when I feel a tear drop on my skin. He hugs me back tightly and I finally breakdown together with him, realizing that I was finally out and with my loved ones.

_________________
A/N
Ayo, tf is up with Caleb? 🤭
What are your thoughts on him?
Maybe we need a backstory??🤭
Who's up for one?
-lia__nee