Chapter 17

Tristan

"Yes Dad. I'll take care of it." I sigh as I hang up.

Those fucktards are gonna pay for targeting my precious sister.

Life before Delilah came to this world was dull and plain. It was not even "Life". People said I was emotionless, heartless and cold. I had unconsciously built up a wall around me, only for Delilah to break it down.
The day she was born, I saw small fragile body and decided to protect her with my life.
Even if we teased her sometimes, we really loved her to the point where we would lay down our lives.

"Tristan, we need to get going." Ashton says interrupting my train of thoughts. He didn't like to get into the mafia mess, but since it's Delilah they were targeting, he would not back down unless they were not feeling excruciating pain.

"They are in for some treat." He says darkly before leaving. I smirk.

They are definitely in for some.

I take my gun out from my drawer before leaving. Delilah was still asleep, so we tried to be as quiet as possible. I see some of my men dragging the unconscious bodies of those bastards. Ashton was already down in the basement.

"Keep it down. If you wake my sister, I'll chop off all your heads." I warn them.

Suddenly, I hear something crashing from a distance. My head shoots towards the sound.

My heart drops at the sight.

There was Delilah, looking at me with a horrified face. For the first time I felt fear; fear of being hated and despised by my precious little sister.

"Delilah." I call out softly, slowly approach her, only for her to dash up the stairs and into her room. At the same time, Ashton comes up.

"What's wrong? I heard a crash. Tristan are you okay?"

"Delilah... She saw everything. She had a horrified look on her face."

"No. This can't be fucking happening." Ashton curses.

"What do we do now?" She was going to hate us and will never forgive us.

"We have to tell dad. She had to find out sooner or later." I suggest.

Ashton went out to talk to dad. I knew he was going to be furious at us for being careless. We never wanted to expose Delilah to this side of our business.

We can't lose her.

*****
Third person pov

She could not believe what she had seen. The people whom she trusted her life with, who loved and protected her, had been lying to her.

She was scared and broken. They betrayed her trust. She thought that families were supposed to share everything with each other.
She knew that her brothers would never hurt someone innocent. She wanted to believe that.

But what if they were hurting innocent people? The thought crossed her mind, which she pushed away.

No, they would never hurt the innocent. She tried convincing herself.

She thought that she was exaggerating about this whole situation when she realized that it was people's lives that were on the line. Even if they had committed a grievous mistake, no one deserved to die.

Would they hurt me too? That ridiculous thought came to her mind.

She wasn't sure how to face them anymore. Call her overdramatic, but she would probably have some issues trusting them from now on.

__________________

A/N

You guys can slap me across the face for the late (& useless) short update. :')
I deserve it.

-lia__nee