.01

I woke up to the high pitched sound of my alarm going off, sighing to myself as I rolled over flopping my hand on top of the small rectangular box positioned perfectly on my nightstand, the blue illuminated numbers glaring at me tauntingly letting me know that it was time to start my day. I put my arms above my head, stretching out my body in my comfortable queen bed, dragging my hands slowly down my face as I mentally chastised myself for maintaining a schedule that had me up at six every morning. It's not like I had anywhere to be, and most people would assume that a normal twenty nine year old would want to relish in as many precious hours of sleep that they could. I guess I was the odd ball out, not a surprise really.

But I guess it's time for a confession, it wasn't like I was living alone and following this insane schedule. No, I had a great companion living with me. He had a beautiful head of blonde hair and big gorgeous hazel eyes, he was filled with a bountiful energy that surpassed my own ten fold. He was younger than me, but that was not something that I minded in the slightest. His name was Liam and he was my three year old son. Although he was an absolute joy and to be quite frank my savior for my time here, I did very much enjoy a few peaceful hours of quite before he woke up in the morning eager to start each day the same. It never failed that he would wake up, slowly padding into the kitchen where he religiously would eat two waffles, a banana, have a glass of OJ and want to watch the Disney Channel.

From there it was ongoing banter between the two of us. Liam, ever curious about the world as he was, asking why things were the way that they were. We'd spend time watching his favorite shows, coloring, playing with his toys and on nice days we would walk down the bustling streets towards Mountain View park, one of his favorites, and on rainy days we would go shopping. I always liked to get him out of the containment of our four walls as peaceful and comforting as they were to me. I felt like he at least needed to be social and get out into the world.

I quietly slid my legs out of the glorious warmth of the plaid sheets, sliding my feet into the fuzzy slippers I kept at the side of my bed. Groggily walking into the bathroom I splashed some cool water on my face in an effort to wake myself up just enough to make it down the stairs to indulge in a piping cup of french vanilla coffee while I aimlessly searched through the channels on the TV to find a movie to enjoy before the endless hours of Disney Jr. were thrown my way.

I'm assuming you would be wondering why it was just my son and I who moved the two thousand miles from a quaint, cozy countryside town in PA to the hustle and bustle of the suburban city of Cottonwood Heights. I was looking to start over fresh, and quite a blank slate it was moving to a city and state where I knew not a soul. Well it's quite a long story that I will try to shorten for you the best that I can. His Dad and I were a great pair, we got along from the moment that we met. There was never a dull minute between the two of us and the chemistry we had was the kind that would make our friends sick when the two of us were together. Then Liam came and our relationship just took a steady decline. You could kind of think of it as that of a rollercoaster, climbing slowly to the peak and then all of a sudden you freefall and things take wild and surprising turns. Sometimes your enjoying the ride and your filled with immense excitement and other times you just want to be sick. Needless to say our ride came to an abrupt end. Ultimately he wasn't ready to be a Dad, and he wasn't prepared for all of the attention that I was giving Liam. So he left and well...so did I.

He wasn't happy when I told him that I was moving two thousand miles away with his son, but on the same side of the coin he didn't want visitation rights so I am not quite sure why me moving away really amounted to so much of a problem with him. I guess it was maybe the fact that he wouldn't be able to send his people to keep an eye on me, thus adding to the fact why I needed to get out of his grasp. He wasn't malicious, strange and very over protective was a much better way to put his demeanor.