6.9

December- 5 months pregnant

"Candace have you seen my hat sweetheart? I've been looking for it everywhere" Austin yelled to me as I was walking out of Liam's room with his bag packed. I had decided that Liam and I were going to go with Austin while he did a few festivals overseas. I didn't want to be away from him for a month, it was hard enough that I had to be away from him for five days the last time he went to LA and I wasn't going through that again, especially since I didn't have Teenie here. I knew that I had Jodie and she had offered to come stay with me while Austin was gone and Austin had even planned on flying back and forth between festivals but I knew that was going to be too much for him. He was always so tired and I didn't want to be adding to that.

Not to mention once he really started touring for the new album Liam, Ava and I were going to be with him every step of the way, so I had made the decision to break ourselves in early to this crazy life instead of letting a new baby and tour hit me all at once. I figured if I got used to what tour life was like it would be a lot easier to judge how hard or easy it was going to be to incorporate Ava into the mix. I rolled Liam's bag out to the kitchen by mine and Austin's as I fixed my hat on my head with a grin, purposely ignoring Austin's question as I directed my attention to Liam.

"Bubba, we are going to have to get going soon okay? We have to catch a plane so Daddy isn't late for work" I said with a smile as I walked up behind him and placed a kiss on the top of his head before I started to move my fingers through his thin hair, my attention only slightly distracted by Despicable Me his new favorite movie.

"Okay Momma" he said looking up at me with a smile, my thumb gently rubbing over his cheek as I smiled back down at him before I heard Austin yell my name again.

"Candace?" he asked, his voice laced with frustration, confusion and worry as he came running out towards the kitchen, the smirk that was on my face prior coming back full force as I tried to act normal.

"Yeah baby?" I asked resting my hands on the back of the couch as I looked over at him with my normal sweet smile.

"Have you seen my OSS hat? I've been looking all over for it" he said throwing his hand out to the side as he stared at me, his eyes dancing over me for a few minutes as I felt my cheeks start to turn red.

"I don't know baby I haven't seen it. This one is mine" I said fixing the brim on the hat as I shoved a little more hair underneath the side by my ears, watching as his eyes narrowed at me as he started coming closer. "What are you doing? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked with a laugh as I started to back up from the couch with a smile.

"Excuse me lil miss but I think you have something that belongs to me" he said with a cocky smirk spreading across his face, his eyes turning playful almost instantly as he started picking up his pace to reach me as I walked quicker backwards, my hands held out to the sides to stop me from falling in case I tripped over whatever was lying on the floor.

"I don't know what you are talking about. This one is mine" I said knowing all too well that he had caught on as he started walking faster.

"Oh I think you're mistaken lil miss, mine has a rip in the brim just like that one. I think it is you that has lost yours" he smiled. "So if you don't mind, I think I'll be taking my hat back now" he said reaching out for it as I covered it with my arms before turning around and running through the house.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I laughed, looking over my shoulder to see him running after me. "This one is mine, maybe Britt ate yours" I said, a loud laugh leaving his lips as I kept running through the house.

"Oh don't you worry sweetheart, I'll give Britt something to eat real soon once I catch you" he said, his arms finally gently wrapping around me in the living room as he pulled me back towards him, his lips falling into my neck as he started littering it with small kisses slowly working his way up towards my ear. "Not to mention yours happens to be sitting right there on that couch" he said, pointing to it with a smile as I turned to look at him shrugging my shoulders.