1.6

Even without an alarm clock and having the best sleep that I have had since I've moved to Utah, I found myself slowly awakening at six. I let out a happy sigh as I felt my back resting against warm skin, Austin's arm draped over my waist and his fingers loosely tangled with mine. His head was nuzzled into the crook of my neck, his soft breath tickling my skin every time he exhaled. I smiled to myself as I forced my eyes to close themselves for another few minutes so I could enjoy the most amazing feeling I have felt in a very long time.

I was just starting to feel like I was going to slip back into a light slumber when I felt Austin start to move behind me. His fingers moved to fit more naturally between my own as he used it as leverage to pull me back closer to him, his lips brushing against the skin of my neck. For a second I had thought he was awake, but only a few moments later I heard his soft snores returning letting me know it was involuntary reactions as he moved in his sleep.

I laid there for several minutes longer, admittedly because I didn't want this moment to stop. The thought made me chuckle to myself a little as it seemed like I didn't want any moment with Austin to come to an end, I wanted to live in them forever. Things were surely different with Austin, the fact that we spent a night together and didn't let ourselves slip away between the sheets being the most notable difference. But also, for me to open up to him like I did last night, only after knowing him for an insanely short amount of time blew my mind. I didn't even think twice about it as I spilled everything about a part of my past that I was trying so hard to avoid. The fact that he didn't judge me for it, or think of me differently after I told him what I did only solidified the fact that he was different.

I was also growing more and more accepting to the fact that he didn't want to put a label on things, realizing that just maybe that was the reasoning for so much hurt and heartbreak I had in the past. I was so quick to assume that we were dating and I put myself in that role and gave them everything only to find out that it was nothing but a fling and they moved on to something better. There were several hints in the way that Austin acted and in the things that he said that let me know that this was more than a fling, that he wanted this to be something more, and maybe by taking it slow and not jumping into the physical part of the relationship at the first chance we got would help me realize that what was happening was real and undoubtedly the best thing to have ever happened to me.

I smiled widely to myself as I slowly unlaced my fingers from his, turning over slowly in the bed trying not to make any sudden movements to wake him up. I slowly ran my fingers down the side of his face as I admired him for his beauty, everything about him exuding sexiness and it took my mind a moment to register that he chose me to be the one to enjoy it on a more personal level. I pressed my lips softly against his cheek, a small hum of acknowledgement radiating from deep inside him as I smiled.

I slowly slid out of his embrace, sliding off the side of the bed as I pulled the covers back over my now vacant spot as I slowly walked my way over to the bathroom. I closed the door lightly, a soft click the only sound to let the empty house know that someone was awake, as I flipped on the lights, the brightness of them making me squint my eyes for a second before they became quickly adjusted. I ran a decent amount of cool water over my face feeling myself wake up instantly, as I grabbed the white towel hanging over the towel rack and patted my face dry, my body craving for a cup of coffee to complete the wake up process that I was so used to every day.

Quietly walking out of the bedroom I walked down towards the guest room to check on Liam to see that he was still sleeping soundly. I pulled the door closed this time, not wanting the noises of me in the kitchen to float down the hall and wake him up as I started to make my way down the hall. Feeling a bit like I was invading his privacy by going through his cabinets, I finally found a coffee mug, quickly pulling it out of the cabinet. I looked around relieved to see that there was a Keurig sitting at the far end of the countertop. Walking over to it I noticed that it appeared to have never been used, or at best used very infrequently. Pulling open one of the drawers that housed his k-cups I was surprised to see that he had two rows filled with Colombian blend coffee. Assuming that he didn't drink Colombian coffee religiously every morning, I smiled to myself allowing myself to think it was just another one of my favorites that he wanted me to have. I grabbed a k-cup from the drawer, putting it into the Keurig and closed the lid as I waited for it to heat up.