.05

I watched as the tail lights to his car disappeared over the small knoll of the road, as I finally gave in closing the door. I turned around, my back pressed up against the cool hardwood covering my face with my hands. I felt like everything that happened in the last two hours or so was the biggest dream ever, and I was hoping that I wasn't going to wake up anytime soon. The connection that I felt to Austin after such a short period of time would, in normal circumstances, be deemed as psychotic. Call it so, but there was something about him that made me feel strangely comfortable around him.

The kiss that we shared wasn't a kiss of a man who wants to have his way with me and then forget that I even existed, no this felt different. It felt like I knew him forever, something inside of me reigniting as soon as my lips touched with his. I laughed at myself as the thoughts started floating through my head, trying to convince myself that I was thinking too far into things. Sure he said that he wanted to see me again, sure he gave me his number but now the ball was in his court. He did leave saying that he was going to be busy the next week or so, chances were high that he would forget our perfect night together even happened, but every time I thought back to that kiss something told me that I was being far too negative for my current situation.

I brought myself back to reality after the quick stop I made in my over analytical world, looking back over my shoulder to make sure that the door was locked before flipping the switch to extinguish the light on the porch. I looked at my phone to see that it was only 10, still early for a normal person my age, but late for me to have anyone over. I can see it now, Mr. and Mrs. Paulson calling tomorrow to make sure that I was okay, and that the strange man walking out of my house last night was indeed a welcomed guest. I smiled to myself walking back into the kitchen, turning on the Keurig to brew myself some hot water.

It never failed that every night before going to sleep I needed to sit with a steaming hot cup of loose leaf tea and get lost in some kind of movie before I even felt like I was remotely close enough to go upstairs and fall asleep. I rummaged through the cabinets to find my tea, placing the leaves in the strainer as I sat it in the cup putting the now combined items underneath the spout waiting for the water to pour over them releasing the beautiful aroma throughout the kitchen. Realizing I needed to get out of my clothes, I walked upstairs grabbing a pair of shorts and an oversized t-shirt out of my drawer sliding into them quickly before making my way back downstairs.

I grabbed the cup from under the Keurig, putting just a small amount of sugar in it as I walked into the living room, smiling like a fool as I sank myself into the couch that Austin and I shared some rather intimate moments on just minutes before. I skipped over my normal spot and sat where he did, the faint sent of his cologne clinging to the fabric as I closed my eyes being comforted by it. I grabbed the blanket from the back of the couch throwing it over myself, balancing my tea on the armrest as I reached out to grab for the remote on the table. I started aimlessly flipping through the channels when a movie caught my attention. I flicked off the light that was shining brightly next to me on the end table as I settled in to a movie that seemed to already be half way over.

Although the movie was attention grabbing, try as hard as I could, I could not stay focused long enough, the sound becoming white noise as my mind kept thinking about everything that happened between the two of us tonight. It all happened so fast that I was afraid I was missing a key part of everything, like the part where he came off as wanting something more instead of being the kind gentlemen that he was. I mean come on, most guys in their early twenties only want one thing and won't stop until they get it, but not him. He deserved a first place trophy for stopping himself and walking away before the situation got any deeper. And to think, it was me who wanted it to go there! I am never like that anymore, hell I haven't even hooked up with anyone since Liam was born and that was three years ago. Yet, here I wanted Austin to whisk me up the stairs in his strong arms, to lay me softly on the bed and feel his gentle kisses on every inch of my soft skin as he had his way with me.