5.9

I gave him a warm smile pressing another kiss against his perfect lips as I slid my hand into his, the spaces of his fingers being occupied by my own as I started pulling him towards my parents. I could see the hesitation weighing heavily in his eyes, his nervousness making me chuckle just slightly since this wasn't his first time talking with them, he did have to go through this whole process of communicating with them through the phone, but I supposed meeting people in person is slightly more intimidating. I laughed at the thought wondering how I could forget how worked up I was about meeting his parents as I quickly felt for the nerves that were most likely coursing through his body like hot lava.

"Relax baby, I promise that it is going to be okay" I whispered into his ear standing on my toes as I pressed a warm kiss against his cheek before giving his hand a tight reassuring squeeze, the smile that appeared on his lips making me feel better as I slowly let go of his hand as I ran to my parents wrapping them tightly in a warm hug.

I couldn't even begin to explain how much more I loved him for what he did for me, the sheer kindness of it making my heart swell to ten times its original size as I moved from the protective embrace of my Dad's arms to the comforting and loving embrace that only my Mom would be able to give me. I don't know how he knew I needed to see them, but he did. He was able to read me so easily and that only amplified how much he loved and cared for me.

"Do you like your surprise Momma?" Liam asked me with a wide white smile as I reached up to tickle his side as he curled into my Dad laughing loudly.

"I love my surprise bubba! I can't believe that you kept it from me!" I said laughing as he pushed himself back up, his eyes drifting over towards Austin as he gave him a smile before looking back at me with a grin that I could only describe as Austin's as I reached out and cupped his cheek.

"I promised I wouldn't tell" he said, that grin on his face as his eyes met with Austin's again as I looked over my shoulder to see him standing with his hands buried deep into the depths of his pockets of his light wash jeans.

I couldn't help but smile at him as he stood just a few feet behind us looking shy and almost afraid to interrupt in the family moment as he gazed at me from underneath the brim of his hat. His small smile making my heart flutter and the butterflies that resided in my stomach come to life as I looked back at my parents holding my finger up to them as I walked back towards Austin, his head and eyes following me as I approached him clutching tightly to his arm as I pressed my lips softly against his bicep. I gazed up at his perfect blue eyes that somehow managed to shine like a kaleidoscope even without the light reflecting directly on them giving him a warm smile. I wanted him to know that he had nothing to be nervous about. I was happy, happier than I have ever been and despite all of the other things that my parents may find unconventional my happiness was what mattered to them the most.

"Come meet my parents again?" I asked, looking up at him with a sweet smile, his own creeping across his lips as he took his hand from his pocket to come up and rest delicately against my cheek. He nodded his head ever so slightly, my tongue coming between my teeth as I radiated exuberance towards him, my lips coming to connect with that sweet spot on his neck before I started to walk with him towards my parents, our fingers laced beautifully together as I gave his hand a tight squeeze.

"So apparently y'all met before in some sort of sneaky way" I said with a laugh, my Mom laughing right with me and my Dad doing that small chuckle as he shook his head which I was hoping Austin wouldn't take as a bad sign, that was just my Dad's way at laughing without actually...laughing. "But meeting in person is so much better and I'm so happy you finally get to meet Austin" I said proudly as I looked up at him, his cheeks flushing a light shade of crimson as I slid my hands down his heavily tattooed arm to slide my fingers between his once again. "So Mom, Dad this is Austin Post and he's the guy that has kindly been occupying me and Liam for the past few months" I said with a brilliant smile as I turned my attention from my parents back to Austin. I stood on my tiptoes pressing a kiss to his cheek--which only made him blush ten shades redder--before pulling away from him to let him make his kind introduction.