Chapter 14

Frank;

Of course, even when I'm not home, my mother still finds a way to ruin things for me. So, I pull away from the sweet kiss and pull my phone from my pocket. I answer the call with a sigh, "Hello?"

"Frank, you've been over there for long enough. You need to come home, it's almost time to go to my sister's house," she says in a very bitchy tone. Who is she to tell me that it has been long enough? No amount of time spent with Gerard is enough time. She just doesn't understand, no matter how many relationships she's been in, she just won't understand because she's never truly been in love.

"Fine, whatever, is Nicholas coming with us?" I don't necessarily dislike him, I just dislike sitting in the back seat. I've always liked the idea of sitting in the front seat, it helps me see the road and traffic better. That, and I don't feel like I'm getting excluded from everything.

"Yes, dear, he is. His family doesn't live too close, and he doesn't have the money for a plane ticket. You'll have to deal with the back seat for today, I'm sorry," she replied, softening a little, which surprises me. She doesn't ever soften up like that, only when I'm suffering or sick.

"Okay, Mom, I'll be home soon, I promise." She says bye and blows me a kiss through the phone, which I don't return because, ahem, I'm not that gay.

I hang up and put the phone back in my pocket. "I have to go in a minute.."

"That's okay, baby," Gerard says with a wicked smile. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Hopefully, unless my mom decides I need to spend more time away from you, which seriously hurts me because I haven't been able to catch up much in school.. I've been working on my math though!" He smiles again at that, looking genuinely happy that I'm working on my school stuff. So, I jump up and wrap my arms around his shoulders, surprising him.

"Well, I hope your mom lets you come over, I miss your face," he says, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Just my face," I say, faking sadness. "I see.." I trail off playfully, slowly letting go and walking towards the door.

"What? Oh, no, that's not it!" He rushes out, almost making me crack a smile, but I hold it back to see how far this will go. "I missed everything about you! Your smile and your laugh. Your hugs and everything!" I can't help it after that, I break character and start laughing. He sounded so panicked, like he made the biggest mistake ever and he was going to die if he didn't fix it.

"It's okay, Gerard, I was joking!" I laugh, walking back over to him. "It's seriously okay." When I make it to him, which only took a few strides, I reach up and peck his cheek.

"Okay," he sighs. "I thought I hurt your feelings. I was about to cry or something." He smiles, relieved, and grabs one of my hands, pressing the back of it to his lips.

"I better go, Gee, my mom is going to throw a fit, so, if I can't see you tomorrow, I'll call you," I say, taking my hand back and placing my lips where it was, pecking his lips.

"Have a nice time, I'll see you later. And, um, call me tonight?" He asks, looking a little shy at the asking of the question.

"Okay, I promise I will." I turn around and head for the door, letting out a playful, yet meaningful, "I love you." while I climb the stairs.

*

The back seat sucks. I'm sitting on the passenger side, staring out the window and cursing myself for not remembering my earbuds. My mom and Nicholas are in some stupid conversation about the Christmas presents.

"I think you should've gotten your sister a little more than you did," Nicholas points out, which, surprisingly doesn't bother her. At all. Mom hates getting told things she could have or should have done. She likes to figure them out herself.

"I know, Nick, but she doesn't like many things. I mean, I'm not going to be that person who just gets you clothes or shoes or something. I didn't have much to work with.." I guess she does have a point. All my aunt likes is Christian music, expensive jewelry that no one can afford, make up, and British television shows. So, my mom bought her, like, ten CDs of different Christian musicians and a DVD with one of the seasons of Doctor Who on it.

I've never watched Doctor Who, but from the way she talks about it, it is just the best television show known man. She's tried to sit me down and watch it, but I just didn't want to. Whatever she likes I usually don't. It's not that I find no interest in the things she does, it's that she goes on and on about the same things and I get annoyed.

Nicholas sighs a little and shifts in the passenger seat, "How much longer until we get there?"

Mom checks the time on her wrist watch and hums a little tune, "About half an hour, should feel like no time!

"Well, I'm going to take a quick nap, I didn't get much sleep last night," he informs, shuffling in his seat again, then moving the back rest so it lays down a little. I don't appreciate that much.. My legs are cramped now, my personal space has been invaded.

"Nicholas... Could you, um, scoot your seat up?" I ask, tapping his shoulder to grab his attention.

"Frank, honey, don't bother Nicholas, he's tired," Mom says, not removing her gaze from the road.

I hang my mouth open a little; is she serious? If that was Nicholas asking to move my seat up, she would've snapped at me and told me that I need to quit taking up people's personal space.

I shake my head a little, now pissed off. I can't believe that. Who does that? So, like the child I will forever be, I cross my arms over my chest and sit back in my seat, glaring at the back of the man sitting in front of me.

*

We finally make it to my aunt's house, and as soon as Mom stops the car, I basically launch myself out of my seat, wanted to stretch my legs and get blood flow back in them.

"God damn," I mutter, walking in the house. As soon as I enter, my aunt walks up to me and gives me one of her infamous bear hugs.

"Merry Christmas, Frankie!" She shouts right in my ear. "How are you?"

"I'm good," is all I say back. I've never really enjoyed talking to my family, so I usually try to do it as less as possible. It's not that I don't like them, it's that every conversation gets awkward because we get to a point where we don't know what to say. And I don't like them.

*

To say the most, today has been okay. My family doesn't really understand my likes, but they try. I got a Green Day shirt that I already have, the American Idiot one, a pair of Vans, and a gift card that can be used anywhere. The shirt was from my Aunt and Uncle. They said they weren't sure which shirts I have because I own so many. The Vans are from my Grandma and Grandpa who said they thought I'd like them because they look nice. I agree, they're black and white with a checkered design. I like them. And the gift card is from my aunt. She's too scared to go into any of the stores I like. I got her to go to Hot Topic with me once and Asking Alexandria came on. She ran out, saying the music was "horrifying".

My mom said that my present is at home. I'm kind of scared to see what it is. I mean, I really appreciate some of her presents, the guitar as an example. She understands things that I like, that's one thing I will always like about her. She doesn't try to get me into new things.. Usually. The only things she's really not understood and didn't like are my sexuality and being vegetarian.

"Ready to go?" Mom asks, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm really tired," I mumble. I really am, my family has been asking me a bunch of questions, asking if I'm okay, asking if I'm getting better. I didn't like it, I don't really like attention on me..

"Me too, I'm about ready to drop, I can barely keep my eyes open." She smiles sleepily at me and waves me to follow her out the door.

*~*~*~*

Ugh ok, I don't know what I'm even doing anymore.. The next update might take longer idk.

Q: *scream voice* What's your favorite scary movie?

A: tbh, probably Scream. Idk why, I just like it. Either that, or I really like Nightmare on Elm Street. The original not the remake.

xoCrashFire