Chapter 31

Frank;

It's Thursday, A.K.A. the final day that I get to not fear being thrown around at school. Even though it's happened considerably less since I got out of the hospital, it's still awful. Given I'm not curled up in the bathrooms cutting myself, or in the nurse's office with her furious about how I get treated.

Mikey is still pissed off at me, which is really getting to me. How can my best friend be pissed off at me for agreeing to hang out with his ex boyfriend? That's like me getting pissed off at him for hanging out with Gerard after we broke up the first or second time. Okay, maybe it's different, but still. Either way, I've texted him countless amounts of times in the past few days and the only response I've gotten is: "Fuck off."

It just bothers me that he won't speak to me. It's not the end of the world, he acts like I killed his dog. I mean, metaphorically because he doesn't have one. I sigh and walk through the main corridor, just wanting to go to music class so I can hopefully play guitar. Hopefully being the key word.
I skip the part where I grab folders and binders from my locker, not really in the mood to deal with that. Today was supposed to be good, where I don't worry about having a bad day. Today is my last day free of Greyson's torture until he graduates two years from now. Mikey better be glad I cherish our friendship because if it was anyone else I would just let this run its course. No, I'm fighting for our friendship.

I trudge into the music classroom and look around, immediately noticing Mikey staring at Ray from across the classroom. Even if he practically hates me, I still sympathize with him. He doesn't deserve this heartbreak and one sided love.

I sit beside him and tap his shoulder to get his attention. The second he sees me, he rolls his eyes and scoots away a few seats. I follow suit, "Mikey, I'm sorry you're mad at me, but I'm not going to sit here and let you ignore me. We're best friends, I'm not letting that get ruined."

"Best friends don't ditch the other for their ex, now do they?" He buffs, crossing his arms.

"You do have a point, but I didn't ditch you." I really didn't, we had no plans of hanging out, so I made some with Ray.

"But you did!" He all but shouts, obviously trying to keep himself from causing a scene.

"We didn't have plans to hang out, Mikey. I was going to hang out with Gerard for a little bit. You didn't say you wanted to do anything with me, so I made plans with Ray. You know for a fact that I would never intentionally blow you off."

"I wasn't aware that I had to state that I wanted to hang out with my best friend," he grumbles.

I sigh and look away, watching our classmates sit around and chat. They all look carefree and I'm here figuring out how to get Mikey to untwist his panties.

"Look, I'm sorry, Mikes. I didn't know that me going off with Ray would piss you off, I'm not perfect." I don't know what else to say, so I'm telling him the truth, I'm telling him how it is. Sure, I didn't expect him to be one hundred percent, A-Okay with it, but I sure as hell didn't expect this. I mean, Christ, Ray is still my friend.

"I'm not even pissed," he growls, "I'm hurt."

"You sound and look pissed," I point out.

"Whatever, Frank," he snarls at me, following Mr. Peters with his eyes as he enters the room.

"Good morning, gentlemen and gentleladies. Today is just a simple day. Get together with someone of a different musical talent and just play around, see what you guys can do," Mr. Peters says, smiling widely at us all. After finishing, he nods his head and walks off of his podium.