Chapter 32

Frank;

Literally nothing has happened. Greyson has been back at school for four days. Did Gerard really punch some sense into him? If so, I'm in heaven.

Gerard and I have been able to walk around, hold hands, hug, even kiss without being taunted or harassed. It's amazing. All Greyson has really done is glare, if that.

Currently Gerard and I are walking from lunch. He's taking me to my class while he has art. I feel bad though, our classes are on two different sides of the school, he'll have to run to get there on time. That's not counting time spent talking, kissing, hugging, etc.

When we stop in front of the classroom he wraps me in a hug and kisses my head, "I'd like to stay and chat, but there's only a few minutes left and my class is pretty far away." We spread apart and share a short kiss before he's off running to his favorite class.

I sigh and walk in, history is not a good subject for me. I like it and all, I just have a hard time remembering years and names and things that happened. So, I have about a C average in this class. Maybe a bit lower.

I look towards the teacher's desk, getting a view of someone I've never seen before. Substitute, I guess. I shrug and sit in my seat at the front.

After the bell rings, the woman stands up and quiets us down. "My name is Ms. Hale, I'm your sub today as Mr. Moore is out on personal business today. He just left you guys some worksheets."

She picks up a stack of papers off Mr. Moore's desk and starts to pass them out. After passing out the first page, she picks up another stack of papers and begins passing them out. Bullshit, all of it is bullshit. Mr. Moore never gives us more than one worksheet a day. Why do we have two? Or more if there is more?

Well, hopefully it'll be those easy papers where you just have to fill in blanks or look in the back of the textbook for vocabulary words. I can't stand the ones that call for complete sentences stating exact details from exact dates. It's stupid, I don't need this stupid history shit.

I asked a history teacher once why learning this was so important. She simply told me it was because we don't want history to repeat itself. So, if you know all this bad stuff that's happened, you'll try your best to not let it happen it again. I get that, I really do, but what is someone as irrelevant as me going to do to impact history? Nothing. I'm just a stupid, gay, kid who doesn't have a plan for the next few years of their life.

We end up with four papers, Ms. Hale telling us that those should keep us busy. She just sits at Mr. Moore's desk the entire hour and reads a book called The Memory Keeper's Daughter.
She seems really into it, and I guess everyone noticed because none of them bothered her. Usually when we get worksheets while a sub is here, the entire class is bugging them, begging for the answers.

The class goes by fairly quickly. I end up finishing all the worksheets, one was vocab, one was fill in the blank, and one was the dreaded essay question type thing. Either way, I don't have history homework tonight, so I'm good.

*

You know, science never was my class that I got A's in. It only got exceedingly more difficult this year when I got on a teacher's bad side. She hammers down on me and always makes me feel dumb. I think she actually fails me on things without even looking. Once, on a test, I got a C- and on, like, four of the questions I had the same answer as Mikey; he got them right, I didn't. It's like Mrs. Haifer on Drake and Josh, how she always tells Drake she hates him and shit. That's how I feel. I'm Drake right now.

I sigh and look at the stack of graded homework that got passed out. The highest percentage I got on any of these is a seventy-four. The lowest? Thirty-two.