Chapter 18

This chapter is going to include Frank's counselor appointment, so forgive me because I don't know exactly how they go because the only counselor I went to ended up calling the police after two sessions and never scheduled another session.

Gerard;

Frank has been acting a little weird since lunch. When we go through hall passing, he practically latches himself to my side, refusing to lessen his grip even when I say it's getting kind of painful. He's constantly looking around us as if he's searching for something. I've been tempted to ask him what's up, but I think I know what it is. I think he's scared of getting beat up again. I mean, I would be too. And it's no secret that Frank got freaked out after the confrontations with Greyson.

I'm currently in my math class, wondering how I could possibly make him less afraid to go to school, walk in the hallways even. Obviously I can't make the promise that I'll keep him from getting hurt. I've pissed Greyson off, so even if he won't beat up for being a "faggot" he'd definitely beat up for fucking up his nose, which, in my defense, he totally deserved. I also couldn't keep that promise because I'm, obviously, not with Frank all throughout the school day.

On a completely different note, what is even up with Greyson? He's never that nice. Even when I was his friend he was never that nice. He isn't even that nice to his own mother, the woman who gave birth to him. Which brings me to a believable thought of he definitely has something planned. I just don't know what.

I sigh as I tune back into what Mr. Gaskarth is saying, something about polynomials. I've missed too much to even be on track with what he's talking about. All I know is that we are learning to factor out polynomials, but I don't care. I'm not going to need polynomials in the future. But, to avoid getting called out for zoning out, I pick up my pencil and write down a few things regarding the lesson.

*

Frank;

I walk out of physics, which we did not get ten thousand pages of homework in, with Gerard right by side and Ray and Mikey behind us. It's no lie that I'm scared out of my wits to walk alone in the hallway. It's not even just Greyson anymore, I'm pretty much scared of everything at this point. I'm really vulnerable right now (then again, when haven't I been?) and I'm scared that someone is going to say something to just throw me right back down to the bottom of the hole I'm progressively making my way out of.

We make stops at all of our lockers, throwing the things we don't need anymore in there and grabbing things that we do.

"Can you come over?" Gerard asks me, grabbing my hand after we make the stop at his locker.

"Sadly, I can't. I have my counselor appointment pretty much right after I get home. So, my mom's picking me up." It upsets me when I realize that we can't even have the trip to our neighborhood together. Then again, I guess I need to realize that I really can't spend every waking moment with Gerard no matter how much I want to.

"Hm, what about after?" He asks hopefully, swinging our hands back and forth lightly.

"Possibly. I'll have to see if my mom still thinks we spend too much time together," I inform him. I don't think she thinks that anymore, I just think her main reason for saying no every once in a while is so we can spend time together. It doesn't bother as much as it would've a few weeks ago because we are getting closer. She's slowly coming to terms with my sexuality, even asking me time to time if I've got my eye on someone (although I think it's more than obvious that my eye has been on Gerard the whole time). I think she's even losing her grudge against Gerard.