Chapter 5

I step through the front doors and into school, manoeuvering around the different groups to get to my locker. I hear my name being said quite a few times.

"Greyson is going to kick Gerard's ass."

"Gerard is in for it."

And then, the classic one, the one Frank, and now I am known for.

"The faggot is going to die." I know that one isn't my name, but not many people pay enough attention to Mikey or Ray, and I don't know of any other gay people at our school, so I'm taking a guess and saying they're talking about me. Oh well, though. Faggot and proud, I suppose, if it means I can be with Frank.

I sigh and grab all of things for first hour; binder, folder, pencils. I prepare to close my locker, but it gets closed for me, and not gently either. I roll my eyes, knowing what's bound to happen. I've seen enough movies to know that this is the part where I undoubtedly get my ass kicked.

"You fucked up my fucking nose, you prick," Greyson's husky voice growls in my ear, causing me to shiver slightly.

"That was kind of the point," I mutter, turning around. Out of pure curiosity, I look up and stare right at his nose, medical tape and gauze is stuck on his nose, so I'm guessing it's broke.

He sighs and backs up a little bit, "Would you like to see how it feels? I mean, I know I said I would never hit you.. But that was for a whole different reason, you deserve this one." He pulls his arm back, ready to punch me, but after years of being the bully, I know the moves, which he should know. I duck down and run away, my backpack bouncing on my back and making it sore with how heavy it is.

Jesus Christ, I never would have guessed how scary and exhausting it is to be the target. I turn a few more corners, making it to my math class.

I'm not going to get out of this. If I know anything about Greyson, it's that he holds grudges. He will not give up on this.

*

I've spent all day being afraid to turn corners and jumping when someone brushed my shoulder in the hallway. Fuck, is this what Frank felt like? If so, I'm so apologizing for all the anxiety and paranoia he went through.

I walk into physics, getting met with Taylor, this girl who has a thing for me. "Hey, Gerard."

I sigh and walk to my desk, ignoring her like I tried doing last week when all she did was bug the absolute hell out of me with her infatuation. Little does she know, I'm in love. 

I hear her sigh quietly and then she mutters, "That fucking kid changed him." You fucking bet he did.

"Hello, class," Ms. Ballato says cheerily, smiling at us all with her bright red lips. Her short black hair is put into little pig tails and she's wearing this red and black plaid skirt and black sweater. Part of me wonders what the fuck possessed her to put that on her body, but another part says it's actually kind of stylish and pretty. It fits her personality.

She looks around the class and smiles more, then turns around and walks to her desk, sitting to take attendance. She looks up and around the classroom a few tines, mumbling to herself as she clicks on her computer.

"Alright, now that that's done, we can get to the fun stuff!" She stands and picks up a stack of papers, notes I'm assuming. "We're doing a lab today."