9

JAY POV

"Well we haven't heard from you in a little while son, we just want to make sure you're okay. Atlanta isn't the safest place in the world." My dad says into the phone. 

"I don't even know why you decided to take that offer anyways Jacob." my mother adds. I cringe at the name I left at the age thirteen. I've always hated it. 

Flashback

"Jacob?" I heard from behind me. I turn to meet eyes with prettiest dark eyes I've ever seen. 

"Don't call me that." I say flatly. She gives me a blank stare.

"Well that was rude. That's just what the name next to mine says asshole." she says with her nose scrunched. I've never seen an attitude so cute. I felt my face turn red. 

"I'm sorry, let's start over."  I smile. "I am Jacob, please call my Jay." I stick my hand out, immediately regretting it because she made my palms sweat. 

"Kenya."

"Pleased to be your partner." 

"Yeah yeah yeah, you never get a second chance to make a first impression." she sits down. I couldn't stop staring at her. I've always seen her around but never up close like this. She was beautiful. She always walked alone, sat alone and just kept to herself. Unlike the nosy, drama filled females I'm associated with. Her aura felt different all together. 

"Well, you're right. But I saved the best impression for last." I shrug with a smile. Her laugh gave me butterflies.

"Guess I can't compete with that." she looks at me. 

I was hooked from that moment. 

"Mom, please stop calling me that." I shake my head with a sigh. "I don't know why you guys are acting like this is abnormal. We never talk." I roll my eyes. 

"Well I think that it is important that changes. Especially while you're that far from home, in the environment you're in."

"I'm in a perfectly fine area Mom."

"And what is this I hear about you and Lauren?

"There is no Lauren and I."

"That's what I'm talking about. Why are you ruining relationships with good women honey?"

"You don't know anything about her."

"How do you think she even got your number?" she laughs a bit. I sigh, annoyed with talking to them at this point. "I'm just saying honey, you're not getting any younger and neither are we." 

"Do we have to have this conversation right now. It's midnight and I need to rest." I just hang up. I wasn't in the mood for it at all. 

I turn over and look at the clock. 

3:18AM.

I was putting my master plan into action in a few hours and I needed to be sure if I would do something this risky for Kenya.

She was my dream girl back in high school. I was so sure we would one day get married. I wanted that so bad... Back then. 

But now, I wasn't sure. Only because I could risk losing it all and still not have her. But I wanted to stick it to Andre and make him feel like he has nothing because he deserved it for hurting Kenya. But I also hurt Kenya, and this would be a way to show her I'm genuinely sorry. 

I sigh, closing my eyes. It'll work itself out in the morning.

~

"What's up boss man?" Hector says into the phone.