7

Jay POV 

"So you mean to tell me you done already dropped twenty thousand on this woman for lap dance and STILL haven't got anywhere with her?" Leo says. "Sound like a fool to me."

"I mean that may be true, but I also can tell that she is close to giving in to me. I feel it."

"So that means you're for sure done with Lauren? No bullshit like last time, had me almost going to jail for you to take the lil bitch back." 

"Chill." I shake my head holding the door to the office for him. "But yeah, I don't want anything to do with her after seeing how crazy she really is. I'm talking straight up nutcase. I have literally blocked her on every possible platform she could contact me on and she still finds a way."

"I'm just shocked she hasn't showed back up. Know how that looney bird is." he laughs. 

"I would hope she wouldn't embarrass herself like that again."

"Oh man." he began laughing hard. "Don't even remind me of that shit. You were almost banned from the whole damn venue. But either way, Kenya probably ain't trying to deal with those problems."

"It won't be a problem in the first place. I can handle Lauren. I'm more worried about her loser ass fuck buddy. Right over there." I nod in Andre's direction as he stood by the door, obviously waiting for someone. 

"Wow, you work for her boyfriend?"

"I work for my damn self. I work with him. And he isn't her boyfriend." I roll my eyes. 

"Ah, well who is that?" he points to the parking lot and I see her. You've gotta be shitting me. "Is that not her?"

"Yes Leo. It is." I keep my eyes on them as he walks up to the car. She gets out and pop the trunk, handing Andre a cardboard box. I find myself walking towards the door. 

"What are you doing man?" Leo says as I open it. I put a hand up to silence him as I made my way outside. I take a look at the garden around the perimeter of the building, looking for the prettiest one as Andre and Kenya  stood in conversation. I finally walk over, neither of the two looked happy. 

"Good morning beautiful." I smile to Kenya handing her a big daisy. She couldn't stop the smile that spread across her face even though she tried to fight it. 

"Thank you. Good morning." See, progress. 

"Do you mind?" Andre says. 

"Snappy today aren't we?" I smirk. "Kenya." I nod and proceed to walk away. 

"Jay." she says. "You don't have to walk away. We were just finishing up our conversation." she crosses her arms and looks at him. He just stares at her for a moment before walking away. 

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed huh?" I laugh. 

"That's every damn day." 

"You don't need that asshole anyways. I saw him in the parking garage being touchy as fuck with some woman the other day."

"That's not my business." she looks away. 

"Mhm. Clearly doesn't know what he had." I give her a once over, admiring her sporty attire.

"Yeah? Well neither did you." She turns and walks to the car. 

"Now wait a minute," I follow her and stop her from opening the door. "If I didn't know what I had, you think I'd be trying so hard to get it back?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Are you Jay?"

"Yes, I am Kenya. I've sent you a million emails by now letting you know that. I've showed up at your place of business to see you-"