1

I'm working on keeping this AN short bc I ramble. That's just like me in real life lol.

I don't know how to stfu sometimes.

But this is just a short update to give a little background to my main characters!

INLINE COMMENTS

20+ ENJOY ♥

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Jay POV

"Yes honey, I know." I sigh, zipping up my suitcase. Lauren comes up to me, placing her hand on my cheek.

"I can't wait to marry you Jay." she shakes her head. I peck her lips, and go back to packing my bags for my six month trip to Atlanta. It's always nice to get out of West Virginia when I can, and I can't lie I needed some time away from Lauren. She was a beautiful woman with a heart of gold, but sometimes being with her made me feel so smothered. Sometimes I felt as if something was missing. But I really did love her.

I load the last of my luggage into the car, and head back towards the house to kiss her goodbye. She stood at the door waiting for me with a sad expression on her face.

"What is it sweetheart?"

"Why can't I go with you Jay?"

"It's business Lauren. I would love for you to come along, trust me baby." I place a hand on her cheek, staring back at her. I move a strand of her wavy, brunette hair from her face, to get a better look at those blue eyes that I simply adored. The way they complimented her youthful face gave her an innocent, child-like appearance. But she was a firecracker and didn't care to let anyone have it.

"But I've been on other business trips with you." she whines. I hated when she did that. I sigh, pulling my hand away. Her whining and complaining were the among the few things that would often push me away. "What's so different about this one?" she raises an eyebrow.

"It's more serious. I can't just stay up under you in a hotel when I have things to get done, like I've done on all the other ones." I shake my head, heading towards my black, 2017 Aston Martin DB11.

"But Jay," she whines following me.

"Stop that." I roll my eyes. "Lauren, I have business to handle. Business before pleasure. You know that." I snap with a sigh. She just stares at me for a moment before looking down. Lauren was so needy. It wouldn't be as much of a problem if we were in high school or something, but she's a grown woman. There's nothing less attractive than a woman with no backbone. I enjoy being wanted as much as the next man, but being needed made me feel like I had to give in and go against my own needs to please someone else. And what I need right now was a little space.

"Why is it that you always make me feel stupid for not wanting to be away from you?" She shakes her head. I look away, running my hand through my hair.

"Now is not the time for this Lauren. I will call you as soon as I touch down in Atlanta okay?" I place a kiss on her forehead and give her hand a light squeeze. After starting up my car, she finally heads into the house, and I drive off. I'm just relieved she didn't cry and tell me how much she hates me at the moment like she does during her dramatic outbreaks. But above all else, that's the woman I wanna marry.

Upon arriving at the hangar outside my family's ranch, I silenced my Erykah Badu, so that my family doesn't hear. I've been judged for it by friends, family, and my fiancé but the woman is art. I have been in love with her since high school when an old friend of mine, Kenya, introduced me to her music.

Kenya... The mere thought of her sent my mind into a frenzy. She's what I would refer to as the one that got away. We were never a relationship but the love I had for her proved that the title meant nothing. Girls I dated didn't even have my heart the way she did. In fact, no one ever has. A knock on my window interrupted my thoughts. Pushing Kenya to the back of my mind like I have for the past 8 years, I let down the window.