Chapter 14

Jay POV

I throw harder jabs into the punching bag in front of me thinking about the fact that I haven't had a chance to get some time with Kenya the six days I've been here because of her friend being in town. Couldn't catch her in town because it's like she never left her place. 

I was respecting her boundaries of not showing up but it's extremely tempting only having had a short moment with her before she agreed to take this trip with me. The mere thought of this trip alone sends my mind into a downward spiral full of 'why would I plan this?' It can only be chaotic. 

Lauren and I situation alone is chaotic. I want absolutely nothing to do with anybody my parents are in cahoots with. Business wise has been more than enough. I needed some peace of mind I can only find with Kenya. I've been craving it for a very long time. 

After showering and throwing on a casual outfit, I head out to my car. I pull up my GPS pulling up a location I dropped a pin saved under 'off limits'. Upon arriving, I take a deep breath, pulling my damp hair into a bun approaching the doorman. 

"Hi, I need to get into Kenya Neil's condo. I left my wallet here last night, she knows I'm coming." I nod. He gives me a once over. "444?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Can't say I'm not hating on you." he steps aside, holding the door for me. I laugh in relief, as I pat him on the shoulder. 

"Guess not all of us are worthy?" I hurry past him and to the elevator. After a few knocks, she finally opens the door. 

"Really Jay? What happen to boundaries?" 

"You were serious?" I fake confusion. She crosses her arms. "Okay, I'm sorry. I just really wanted to see you. Can you blame me? After 8 years of being clueless about what's going in your life, I'm 15 minutes down the road and you don't think I would take a chance?"

"I just thought you would do as I asked." She nods. A silence fell over us. "Just come in." she steps aside letting me in. "How the hell did you even get past-"

"I told him I left my wallet here last night." I walk in, looking around taking the in the changes since the last time I was here. "Where's your friend?"

"She left like four days ago." she nods looking away. 

"So you just lie to me like that?"

"I mean, you still showed up." she shrugs. 

"So does that mean you were not going through with trip?"

"I mean that I planned to see you then." she says, noticeably keeping a distance between us. 

"Okay." I nod. "Why are you being so weird?"

"Define weird Jay?"

"Avoiding me apparently, doing what you're doing now and just being completely blank to me."

"What do you expect? You just storm out of here like that last time on a touchy ass topic without even thinking about -" she pauses and sighs. "Look, be glad I'm going as far as going anywhere outside of this state with you okay?"

"I'm very grateful for that actually." I reply quickly. She looks away fighting a smile.

"You're so annoying."

"You don't mean that." 

"Why are you even here?"

"Actually, I came by because I wanted you to come to look at some houses with me. I'm planning to buy one in the next few weeks and I could use your expertise today."

"I just have so much to do Jay." she sighs. 

"You mean, like entertain your friend that left days ago?"

"Don't."

"That was poor taste in excuse by the way." I try to ease my way closer. She was noticeably trying to organize already neat things. I decided to take a hint. "So how about it?"

"Fine Jay." she sighs. "Let me go get dressed." she heads up the spiraling stairs. I smile to myself, looking forward to some real connection.

KENYA POV

I stare out of the window of Jay's car as we head to a more rural area of Atlanta. He was nodding his head to some 90's R&B, stroking his beard. I was doing my best to avoid looking at him. Something about his presence made me want to be honest and true. Like telling him about his bun in my oven. I groan to myself.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong." I shrug. We pull up to a gate and he punches a code. I wasn't ready for the estate that sat behind it. 

"Wow." we say in unison, causing a slight laughter between us. He opens my door and we walk up to black, marble double doors. Upon walking in, I felt like my breath left my body. The black spiraling stairs were enough to make me shoo Jay off and stay here forever. Or keep him around who knows.

We walk around in silence for the most part, taking in what we both have never seen anything like before. I couldn't help but feel so off about these terms we're on doing things like this. 

"What do you think?" Jay says as we head into the master bedroom. I fell in love with fireplace and the size. 

"It's amazing." I shake my head. "I'm speechless. It's like a palace." I say in awe. Suddenly, I felt Jay's arms snake around me. 

"I agree it is fit for a queen." he says into my neck. I sink into his embrace. Tired of fighting his attempts at touching me. I needed it more than I knew. He grabs my waist, turning me to face him. Without hesitation, our lips found each other. It was something about that kiss that made me want more. We compete over passion with our tongues as my hands found his belt. 

"Fuck I missed you." he says kissing me more as we shift our position to the master bathroom. He sits me on the sink, slipping up my sweat skirt and wasted no time slipping inside of me. I was already coming undone as I wrapped my legs around his body. I didn't care about where we were for a second as my screams echoed through the empty home. "Yeah baby." he groans looking at me as he gripped the back of my neck. "I know you missed it." he continues to stroke me. It was almost as if his eyes wouldn't let me look anywhere but at them. 

"Yes, I missed it." I moan. I truly did.

The ride back to my place was silent. I felt slight embarrassment and an enormous amount of guilt. I wasn't sure how much longer I was going to be able to hold it in. But I wanted to see how this trip goes to know how to present it to him. He comes to an abrupt stop near the valet. 

"Am I coming up or..."

"I actually have to go by Heaven on Earth." I nod. More lies. 

"Oh." he nods. "Well, would you like to have dinner?"

"I might be there a while." I look at my hands. I reach for the door but he stops me.

"Call me if you're up for it. Alright?"

"Alright." I start to leave again and he stops me again, pulling my face to his to kiss me. I kiss him again after he pulls away because I know I won't again until it is time for the flight. Whew, I sure hope this trip is good. 

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

This was kind of a filler chapter to set the tone for what's to come in the next. What do yall think is going to happen on the trip? What would you like to see happen? What would you hate to see happen? COMMENT