Chapter 6

It's almost time for the long program and I'm still looking at my outfit and still think that I have to change but, I want my outfit to be a surprise. I thought of a way people won't see my outfit fully, not even my competitors. I decided to change now quickly before others come in. I put on my sweater and said to myself, "You can do it!"  I went out and waiting with Coach Brian until my group is called. I took deep breathes and mediated on my long program and hoping I can execute my hard jumps. I got a tap on the shoulder and looked at Coach Brian and I knew it's almost my group turn for warm-up. I got up and waiting with other females skaters to do the warm-up. I heard my group name, I headed out first to the ice in line. I was taking to letting lose my legs, did a double axel. Some easy jumps to make my body hype up. I was the second to last to perform, I have to do good. When the time was up, I went back and Coach passed my guards and went back to our seating. I have to be patient.

I was waiting in the rink talking with Coach and him giving advice to me. "Remember (y/n), believe in yourself. Also, remember our training." I nodded and took off my sweatshirt and gave it to my coach. I heard my name announce, "Next up, (Y/n) (L/n) from the United States." I skated out and went to the center. There were some loud cheering and I couldn't believe I would be here and smiling at the crowd and started my position. It was quiet and I started to concentrate on my training I went through. The music started delicate since the music is  La Campanella compose by Liszt. I started out delicate and was planning to do my jumps when the notes are increasing/decreasing. I started in my starting position and hoping I could surprise the crowd. When the music started, I waited for 16 seconds to start my movement and started my 3 turns, and skated until the edge of the ice I did the crossover. I skated a bit and was preparing for my first element, triple lutz-triple flip. I managed to not fall on the element. I skated out with my emotions. Withing the 41 seconds I have been counting to make sure I execute or do my jumps on time. I did my camel spin with up next with upright spin. After I did the spins, I went back to the counter turn. It' has been passed two minutes and I have down triple lutz and triple toe. I'm waiting for the perfect opportunity to do the jump have been practicing on. I let the music flow inside of me and continue doing what I'm planning. when it hit the 2:56 mark, I began to do my bracket turn and started my position to do my quadruple salchow-quadruple toe loop. When I landed my quadruple salchow, I hold my breath and jump to do the quadruple toe loop. When I'm coming down from the jump, I landed. I heard people cheering loudly and I smiled and did my biellman spin and spinning until the end. When I finished my program, I smiled and bow to the crowd and went to Coach Brian. I smiled when I went up to him and hugged him. "Coach, I did it!" He looked at me and smiled with pride. "You did it!" He passed my skate guards. I put them on and went to see my scores. "How do you think you did?" Coach asked while we're waiting for my scores. "I did okay but wasn't expecting to land the two hard jumps in the end." We laughed and hear the announcer, "(Y/n) (L/n) from the United States earn her in first place with a total of 218.37." I smiled and shocked. I hugged Coach Brian and Tracey and we got up to the separate room.

It feels good to win another gold medal again since my streak hasn't broken yet. After the medal ceremony and the gala, I went back to my hotel room. I started to pack since we have a flight tomorrow afternoon, I'm tired. I heard a knock on the door and went to check who it was. When I opened it, I saw yuzuru holding a boutique of flowers. "Congratulations on getting first place, again." We laughed and I accepted the flowers. "Thanks, yuzuru, you too. Let me put these down a bit." He nodded and I left the flowers on the bed and grabbed my gift for him a few days ago. "Here you are. It's a present from me for your winning first." He accepted. "Arigato," He smiled and I laughed. We talked a bit. "Well, it's time for me to sleep since I'm tired of the two programs." He nodded gave me a friendly hug and I hug back. He left and I close the door and notice a note inside the flowers and I grabbed the note and read it: