Chapter 42: The Happy Ending

After the birth (Y/n) of her newborn son who is named Akira. It was a difficult birth but managed to give a healthy baby boy. Yuzuru and (Y/n) decided to let their son grow a normal childhood because they want him to enjoy it before they could let them decide if they want to be in the spotlight or not.

(Y/n) p.o.v

It was a month after I gave birth to Akira. It wasn't an easy birth but yuzuru and I decided to have one child before we got married. " Darling, doesn't our son like similar like me when I was born?" Yuzuru asked cutely while looking at our son. I laughed and replied, " From what I know, he looks like us." In the end, we both agreed. We were getting used to our sleeping schedule, it wasn't great at first but, we don't mind.

5 years later...

Yuzuru p.o.v

It was Akira's first day of kindergarten, and I could tell that he's nervous and scared. I decided to drop him off since (Y/n) wasn't feeling well and felt under the weather. Before Akira and I left, I put a mask on so no one could recognize me and made sure Akira won't get hurt. "Akira, I know it's your first day but, I will pick you up around 12:30 ish. It won't be long," I said in a calm voice. He nodded and replied, "Ok. Then if I'm good, mom will feel better, right? " I chuckled and nodded. With that, I managed to get him to go to school for now.

Once I got home, I made breakfast for me and my lovely wife. After I prepared breakfast, I decided to take it our room and eat with her to not make her feel lonely. I knocked on the door and entered the room and placed the tray on top of her knees. She smiled tiredly and said with a soft voice, "I hope it wasn't a bother to take Akira to school." I smiled warmly and replied, "It wasn't, besides, I insisted since I noticed you didn't feel well." We smiled and started to eat our breakfast.

After we ate, I helped her by doing the dishes. After that, I checked her temperature, and was getting a little bit better. "Yuzu, should we head out. it's almost time to pick up Akira," (Y/n) said and I nodded. I insisted for her to stay and rest for a bit, but insisted that she need a bit of air, to which I agreed. Once we're getting to school, (y/n) said in a quiet voice, "how time passes by quickly." She smiled and looked at and looked at the road ahead of us. I had to agree since our son is going to grow up quickly.

6 years later...

Third-person p.o.v

"Mother! Father!" Akira yelled while running and stop to catch his breath. Yuzuru and (Y/n) looked at his son to see what he was going to tell them. "Can I start doing volleyball?" He asked excitedly and (y/n) sigh with relief thinking that he wants to do figure skating. They looked at each other and looked at their son again and yuzuru asked, "Why do you want to do volleyball?" The 11-year-old Akira said, "Well, I saw an anime and I wanted to try it out." (Y/n) smiled and knew what he was referring to. They both agreed to let him get some volleyball lessons and started to be "the prodigy" of volleyball since only a month started to do the ace no-touch serve. (I think it calls like that, comment if it's wrong).

A few years passed by and (Y/n) and Yuzuru started to age a bit and notice their son wants to do volleyball seriously and they both agreed and let him persuade what he wants in the future. In the moment, he's a third-year and is studying in Japan and living with Shoma and Eleanor until he graduates in the spring. We are proud of him and he's going to Brazil after high-school and he says he will be back around 2-3 years. At first, we didn't sound convinced, but said he was working a part time job to get enough money for his trip. Plus, saving his allowance which gives him a total of 16k. Besides, we try our best to cheer him on, even though it's from a distance or another country. "Yuzuru, do why do you think our son, Akira, went to Japan to study there?" I asked him while he thought for a moment and replied, "Probably because he wants to keep the culture that I taught him when he was little? There are many reasons for him to study in Japan." I nodded and looked the letter he sent to us a month ago.

4 years later...

It was 4 years and I was looking at the television with yuzuru since we were looking at our son in his second year being at the Olympics. We were proud of him and I held yuzuru hand and said to him, "Time goes quickly, doesn't it?" I asked him and he nodded. I'm glad he was able to pursue a career that doesn't pressure him what me and yuzu did when we were young. Now, we're his number one fans and is going to compete and looking at the place where our fans were, cheering on for them. He has a lot to develop being a young adult but, is starting to independents himself. He grew where he is now, even if he's a prodigy or not, he works hard on where he wanted to be right now in the moment.

This is the last chapter, thank you for reading!!!! This has been a journey for me to be able to write this story. I'll continue writing Closer since I started it from a few months ago. Please read if you're interested, also, thank you for 7.1k reads. It feels like I have made an accomplishment, thank you!! Please read my upcoming books that are coming in the future.