Kabanata 14 ( The Couple )

The Couple

Year 1996

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Lilian opened her eyes and was greeted by the sleepless eyes of Arnulfo. Sadness was visible in his eyes.

She then noticed where they were. They're in the hospital, sadness enveloped her then she started crying again.

"Shh, Lilian everything will be okay. We can still try right? Don't stress yourself. " Arnulfo tried to comfort her.

They have been married for 2 years but they still haven't got any kids. They thought they will finally have a child but it's just false alarm she was delayed for 1 month so they thought she was pregnant. Their mistake was they didn't do the test.

Unexpectedly as Lilian was taking a bath she saw blood flowing in between her thighs, so she panic then went out only wearing a towel wrapped around her.

"Arnulfo! " tawag niya sa asawa niya

"Arnulfo! " she was already panicking.

Dali dali naman lumapit si Arnulfo kay Lilian

Arnulfo's eyes widen and rushed to Lilian who was already pale as blood flowing in between her thighs down her legs dropping to the floor. His adrenaline rushed in so he carried his wife and they went straight to the nearest emergency hospital.

"Arnulfo, ang baby natin." Lilian started crying habang hinihintay ang doctor.

"Shh relax Lilian, let's be positive okay? " Arnulfo tried to comfort his wife.

A few moments later. A doctor approached them.

"Excuse me, Mr. and Mrs. Velez?" doctor asked them.

"You said that you were pregnant? Upon checking your record and tests even the ultrasound. We found out that you just had a delay on your regular menstrual cycle." paliwanag ng doctor.

" So everything seems to be normal." The doctor added.

"What seems to be the problem doctor? It's been 2 years why can't I get pregnant? Lilian asked disappointment with her voice.

"It happens when you are both stress, try to relax and have a second honeymoon. There's nothing to worry about you are both healthy and can even have 2 or more kids." doctor said giving them hope.

Lilian and Arnulfo both kept silent. They were both guilty because even though it's been 2 years after they got married they were still both very hardworking. They have a healthy sex life but it seems that both of them mentally doesn't have a plan yet on making effort to have kids. That must be the reason why Lilian can't get pregnant yet.

"Thank you doctor, we'll keep that in mind."Lilian answered sadly.

Iniwan na rin sila ng doctor matapos silang bigyan ng instructions .

Lilian cried again and was too tired so she fell asleep.

Arnulfo left Lilian to go out to buy them food it's nearing lunch time. He also called their office to inform their supervisor that they will take time off from work because they had an emergency. They both work in a Shipping Company, he can say he was lucky because she met her wife there.

He came back and checked on Lilian. When suddenly he heard voices from the other bed.

"Dapat inalagaan mo ang sarili at ang baby." The guy said.

"I am. I did but what can I do? Hindi pa siguro oras." The woman said.

The couple from the other bed continued talking but Arnulfo saw that Lilian already opened her eyes and started crying again kaya kinalma niya ito.

The next day Lilian was discharged from the hospital so they went home and she took the time off but went back to work the next day.

Days, months and another 2 years passed by still Lilian can not get pregnant. Until one day a couple occupied the vacant apartment near their house.Pero abala pa rin sila at di na inintindi ang nangyayari sa kanilang kapitbahay.

Sunday came the same week. Arnulfo went outside to clean their backyard. He was busy watering their plants when the couple from the other apartment went out. He tried to remember where he saw them but tried to forget it and got back to what he was doing.

An hour passed and the couple came back. They went out from an expensive car smiling happily, then the expensive car drove away.

He was surprised when the husband greeted Arnulfo.

"Hi pare! " The man greeted.

"Hello pare, anong atin?" tanong ni Arnulfo.

"We are just new here and we don't know anyone since we are neighbors can we invite you over for dinner? We just wanted to celebrate our new addition to the family." The man said.

"Sure what's the good news? if you don't mind my asking. "Arnulfo asked curious.

"Ahh haha, finally after 2 years buntis na ulit ang asawa ko. We lost our baby 2 years ago because she had a miscarriage, but now I can finally say that the baby will survive now." The man said happily.

"Wow! Congratulations!" sabi ni Arnulfo bagamat may konting inggit ngumiti siya.

"Oh sorry, let me introduce myself. My name is Francis and that is my wife Elizabeth, so I will expect you at 6 in the evening?" Francis said.

Arnulfo shook Francis' hand and agreed on the time.

At exactly 6 in the evening Arnulfo and Lilian went to the next door apartment bringing with them some dessert which Lilian baked personally.

Nagkaka kuwentuhan na sila at nagiging malapit sa isa't isa, because they have the same situation. Elizabeth had a miscarriage 2 years ago while Lilian has been trying to get pregnant. So they become very good friends. Elizabeth was just on her first trimester so she's craving for sweets luckily Lilian was good in baking and making desserts.

Araw, linggo at buwan ang lumipas mas lalo pa silang naging malapit sa isa't isa. Arnulfo and Lilian were busy working in the Shipping Company while Francis was busy taking care of her pregnant wife Elizabeth.

TO BE CONTINUED

A/N

I wanna hear your thoughts.

FOLLOW VOTE COMMENTS WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

LOVE YOU ALL HUMANS!!! ❤❤❤