Kabanata 13 ( Remind )

Remind

Gena got out of the car after saying her thanks and goodbye. A smile crept on my face while watching her rushing in the crowd inside her school. I think I need to get used to this scene from this day on.

I drove to Ashley's house. I miss her parents, they remind me of my parents because they were very good friends back when they were still alive.

A guy opened the front door when I got out of the car. It's Uncle Philip my dad's bestfriend. He went near me and gave me hug and a pat in my shoulder.

"Wow! You have grown kiddo! Wow! It's been 10 years right?" Uncle said happily.

"10 years uncle, how are you? I missed you too! " I answered back happily.

He guided me inside their house. We sat on the couch and was silent for a few minutes. He then told the maid to get us some drinks.

"So sorry to hear about your parents and sister Xander. We were in the United States when we heard the tragic accident." He said.

Parang tinusok naman ang puso ko saka ako nag yuko ng ulo. I try to control my tears from falling but tears rolled down my cheeks.

" It really hurts uncle, it's been 5 years but still I am reminded of the day of the accident." I said as my tears keep on flowing.

Uncle Philip patted my back and put his arms on my shoulders, I terribly miss my dad. Remembering my struggles when I was in the United States.

" I hope maging matatag ka at mag move on pa unti unti at pakawalan mo na sila. Little by little learn to accept and just come to us we are always here for you. Me and your Aunt Amanda." He said.

I tried to calm myself, uncle offered me a glass of water.Nawala naman ang bigat sa dibdib ko. To lighten the atmosphere I tried changing the topic.

" By the way uncle I heard you were looking for Uncle Andrew and Aunt Monisha's daughter?" He asked.

"Ah yes son, we really don't know where to start looking. We have found a lead that was year 2012. But sadly they transferred again to who knows where." Uncle said

" I am already grown up uncle maybe I can help in finding her?" I offered to help.

"Really? That's great son! Mas mainam since you're a doctor now. That will help if you have connections." Sabi ni uncle na mababakas ang kasiyahan.

I was really getting curious. I don't know how uncle Andrew and Aunt Monisha lost their daughter. I don't want to ask uncle Philip.

"I think it's time you know the truth behind it." Uncle said.

He then said that year 1998 or 16 years ago aunt Monisha was trying to conceive a child but they were unlucky. They were losing hope after having 3 miscarriages, they decided to have an in vitro fertilization.

NOTE: in vitro fertilization= a treatment for a woman who cannot become pregnant naturally, in which an egg is fertilized outside her body and the resulting embryo is put into her womb to develop into a baby.

Sadly di na pwede magbuntis muna si aunt Amanda they can not risk it so they search for a newly wedded couple who will be willing to get pregnant for her. nakahanap naman sila ng mag asawa ito ay sila Mr. Francis and Elizabeth Perez an honest and very genuine couple who were very willing because they are in need financially.

So they tested the woman whom they would plan to have in vitro fertilization. Everything is all well taken cared of. They had an agreement that they will give the couple 500 thousand pesos or almost 10 thousand dollars in advance. They will provide their house all the expenses everything as stated in the agreement. Another 10 thousand dollars will be given when the in vitro fertilization become successful then another 10 thousand dollars upon delivery of the child.

So the in vitro fertilization was a huge success Elizabeth got pregnant that's why aunt Monisha and uncle Andrew was very happy so they gave the 10 thousand dollars to Mr. Francis and Elizabeth Perez . Months passed by the pre natal check ups was done regularly. Buti na lang at healthy si Elizabeth so there's nothing to worry about. On the 6th month of her pregnancy they had an ultrasound to check on the child's gender and they found out that it's a girl.

After the ultrasound they celebrated and aunt Monisha and uncle Andrew went home. They were clueless because the next day Mr. Francis and Elizabeth Perez disappeared. Taking with them the unborn child of aunt Monisha and uncle Andrew.

"So you see it's been 16 years pero wala pa rin kaming balita kung nasaan na sila . I think they changed their identities, we tried checking at the immigration if they went out of the country but there's no trace of them. Nang makahanap na kami ng lead where they were living and working ay lumipat na pala sila so were back to square one." uncle Philip said sighing heavily.

I pity aunt Monisha and uncle Andrew. It's like I can relate to what they are feeling. Losing someone but feeling hopeless.

" I will try to get some leads of which hospital they tried to deliver the child." Sabi ko.

"Thank you son! I will inform the good news to your aunt Monisha and uncle Andrew." uncle said happily.

A/N

FOLLOW VOTE COMMENTS IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

I HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THIS STORY.

THANK YOU!!! I LOVE YOU HUMANS!!! <3 <3 <3