Kabanata 27 ( Plans )

Plans

I sighed heavily and went inside the room to check on Liv and found her lying on the bed covered with the comforter.

"Liv, kailangan natin mag-usap," I said. I don't want this night to pass without talking to her and make things clear to her.

"Can that wait tomorrow? I am so exhausted! Come sleep beside me. " she said while tapping the space beside her. Her eyes were half-open.

"Come on Liv, this can't wait. I want us to settle this once and for all. I will accompany you to Manila tomorrow and I will meet with my lawyer." I said trying to reject Liv's invitation.

Kung normal na araw lang sana ito at wala  si Gena sa eksena, I would have taken Liv right there and then, pero ayokong maging unfair kay  Liv and I don't want to break the trust Gena has given me so that we can totally be friends.

" I am very sorry Liv but after Gena graduates from high school ay dadalhin ko na siya sa U.Skasama and kaniyang kapatid na si  Guilla." I explained and try to look at her reaction.

"What? Who is Gena and Guilla?" I saw Liv got up from the bed and forced herself to act normal but I know she's still in shock.

"What do you mean Xander? Are you breaking up with me? " Liv said, pilot niyang kinakalma and sarili. I know she's trying to hide her emotions. She just nodded and smiled bitterly at tumingin siya sa akin.

"Liv alam mo naman kung ano and mga pinagdaanan ko, you know that I am not in a serious relationship. I really appreciate all the things you did to me and for that, ipinag papasalamat ko iyon." I said, I know I fucked up but I am not going to take it back.

" Alam ko di mo naman kailangan mag paliwanag sa akin but why is it difficult to give you up? " she said and tried lying on the bed. She avoided my gaze and turned her back on me. Alam ko nasaktan ko and pride niya.

" Just leave me alone. I will be okay Xander. I just need to think and accept that we will go on our separate ways. Don't worry I won't act impulsively, thank you for all the things that you have done for me. I will forever treasure that at sana imaging mag kaibigan pa rin tayo pagkatapos nito." she said and then she kept silent.

I tried to reach out to her, but I avoided it. I don't want to give her false hope. I just want closure. My plans don't include Liv, only Gena and Guilla is my priority now.

I left the room without saying another word and went inside the penthouse. I was supposed to enter my room, but I decided to knock on Gena's room.Sinubukan ko pa rin katokin ang pinto niya kahit 5 minuto na and nakakalipas. I just shrugged my shoulders and decided to go to my room but then someone opened the door.

I avoided looking at Gena's face and damn her long yellow dress shirt looks good on her. It seems like she just went out of the shower because of her wet hair.

" I am sorry to disturb you. I know it's almost half past 11. Anyway, gusto ko lang sabihin sa'yo na matutulog na ako. Goodnight Gena and sweet dreams my friend." I smiled widely and gesture to bow my head.

"Goodnight Xander, thank you for tonight. Na appreciate ko ang lahat nang ginagawa mo para lubusan natin makilala ang isa't is a at maging magkaibigan tayo. Goodnight and sweet dreams " she said and smiled.

 Meanwhile

Gena's POV

After Xander greeted me and bid goodnight, I closed the door and sighed heavily.

Napa iling na lang ako nang ulo at pumasok sa bathroom at pina tuyo and buhok ko gamit and  hairdryer.

I looked in the mirror and bit my lower lip to stop myself from thinking of the scene earlier where the woman was sitting in an obscene way. Pinagmasadan ko ang sarili ko sa salamin. I was wearing a yellow long dress shirt. Yellow is my favorite color. It's a happy, youthful color, full of hope and positivity.

I try to compare myself to the woman, I look dull and old fashion hahaha. What were you thinking Gena? You're just friends and you are acting like Xander is courting you. Take it slow, right?

It's been almost 2 months when I and Guilla became an orphan. 2 months but I am terribly missing them. Anga daming nagbago simula nang pumasok si Xander sa buhay namin . I feel disgusted at first but then I realized that it's also a blessing in disguise because Xander became our guardian at ngayon ginagawa niya and lahat pilit niyang nilalapit and sarili niya sa akin para imaging maayos and samahan namin.

He's a respectable person and I think I like how he treats us now. I think he is finally showing his true self, unlike the first time I met him cold and ruthless.

Matapos kong patuyuin and buhok ko humiga na ako sa kama   , a smile crept my lips when I saw Guilla sleeping soundly. I caress her curly hair and gently touch her cheeks. Siya and lakas ko at hindi ko hahayaan na may mangyaring masama sa kanya . I will protect her and I will do everything I can to take care of her.

Someday I will make my parents proud. Someday I will let Guilla know, kung gaano kami ka suwerte na naging magulang namin sila.

Magiging malakas ako para sa amin.  I will take this as a challenge to strive hard and make Xander as my motivation too. He is my role model now, his passion as a doctor, a businessman and also a guardian to Guilla and napagtanto ko na kung nakaya ni Xander na imaging matagumpay kahit wala na and kaniyang mga magulang. I can too. Now that we started to become friends, I can be open to him and share with him my dreams and I know he will support me.

Natulog ako nang mahimbing . In my dreams my parents were hugging me. ❤❤❤

TO BE CONTINUED