Wild Horse Chase

When Astara and Leo walked into the dining hall they were greeted by a bunch of dressed up people sitting at a really long table. Like it was so long there were ten seats on each side.

Astara spotted Breanna Lynn near the front of the table with King Harold and Queen Chrystal. Her dark hair was pulled up in a tight knot, unlike earlier when she had it free and tumbling around her shoulders. The princess looked small next to her parents.

One of the castle staff members led her to her seat, which unfortunately wasn't near Leo's. Instead she had to sit next to two adults, one a man and one a woman. Both looked like they hadn't seen sunlight in years. The woman had ruby red locks and chestnut eyes that had dark circles underneath. The man was very tall with huge muscles. He was also very...hairy. He had chest hair peeking out of his tunic, an unshaven face, and long brown hair that was held in a ponytail.

They were both very strange.

Though neither of them spoke. They seemed to be frozen in place, though their eyes darted around at every little noise. And every movement they made was so slight and careful...it was like they were afraid of breaking everything they touched.

But Astara was forced to stop thinking about the strange pair when King Harold cleared his throat and stood up.

"I would firstly like to thank everyone for coming! We are honored to have all of you here in Castle BlueBay this evening! I hope you all enjoy the food our castle staff has worked so hard to prepare." The King greeted everyone.

Queen Chrystal stood up and hooked her arm through his. "We are also using this dinner to introduce a very special Cornacapian to you all. I think you will find that she is very bright and has great spirit. She's going to make a very fine Cornacapian."

Astara flushed as most of the guests turned to her. It was kind of obvious that she was the "very special" Cornacapian considering she was the only unfamiliar face at the table.

"But we will have a proper introduction after we dine. Sorcerer Moon and his apprentice Leo Wyatt will be providing our entertainment for tonight. Moon, Leo...take it away!" King Harold exclaimed gesturing towards them.

Astara was excited. She had never seen an actual magic show before! Though she was a bit curious on how it would turn out, Leo wasn't that great at magic yet, at least that was what she had gathered when he nearly electrocuted her when they first met. She really hoped Leo would do well, she was getting kind of tired of being in the middle of disasters.

Mr Daniels started to give his introduction. "Good evening to all! Today my apprentice and I will be doing...well I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise now would I? Just sit back, sip your punch, and watch the show."

He gestured to Leo, who was looking extremely nervous at the moment. Leo took a deep breath and then grunted like he was trying to lift a heavy object. His expression made Astara want to laugh but when he launched a purple galaxy of shining stars into the air, she was too amazed to laugh.

A night sky with swirls of purple and blue floated over their heads. The stars shined bright and it all seemed to be moving. It was absolutely breathtaking. Then Mr Daniels started to move his hands as if he were controlling puppets at a puppet show. Then dark shadows formed in the sky above them.

"A long, long time ago there was a land before this. A different Cornacapia that was much too similar like the one we have today. There was magic and joy throughout the land, there wasn't a care in the world." Mr Daniels began. The shadows formed into a large castle, unicorns, and trolls to illustrate the exquisite kingdom. But the the shadows quickly became much darker and sinister.