Prologue

Cornacapia: The Dark Ages, 1650

The sky was dark. Buildings were smoking, brave souls laid dead upon the ground. Destruction was the only thing you could see for miles. The once beautiful land had been overtaken with evil. A sorcerer too hungry for power had turned on Cornacapia and on his apprentice, Bronziel Moon.

Bronziel looked out of the sorcerers tower in the castle. Chaos reigned down below: Knights were charging at the Sorcerer's army, centaurs were fighting ogres, and the fairies were trying to overtake the dark magic with their light magic. Bronziel had never seen his peaceful, beautiful town in such havoc before. Cornacapia was supposed to be a land of harmony and magic! But all had changed when the kingdoms sorcerer, Edmund Dwunds, or as he called himself now, The Raven, had murdered King Briton and declared war on Cornacapia.

The boy shivered at this memory, it was devastating to see the person you looked up to become a monster. The Raven had taught Bronziel everything he knew about magic, had even trained him.

But I am not like The Raven, I will use my powers for good. I will use my powers to fight!  The boy thought. That's why he was going through every spell, every potion, and every magical object in the tower. There had to be something that would bring this war to an end! Something that would bring Edmund Dwunds back and destroy The Raven. Bronziel wanted to try to avoid the death of his mentor, but he could not find a way to draw the darkness out of the sorcerer without doing so.

He was looking through The Big Book of Spells for a third time when suddenly someone barged through the door. Startled, he shot a stunning spell at the intruder who moved out of the way just in time. It was the queen.

"Your majesty! I am so sorry I didn't-"

"Bronziel there's no time!" The queen cut off hurriedly. "The Raven is after Prince Damond! I need you to get him and every person and creature who is not fighting to safety!"

Someplace safe? There was nowhere safe anymore. "Queen Willow what place here is safe anymore? There is nowhere that will keep the Cornacapians safe! Besides, I want-I need to fight!" Bronziel exclaimed.

Queen Willow smiled sadly. "You are right Bronziel, no place here is safe anymore. But there's a valley outside the walls that is. I need you to take everyone there! Please for the sake of my newborn child, break through the walls and go!"

Panic and fear coursed through the boys body. "B-but what about you?! What about Cornacapia?!"

Tears rained down the queens face. "Cornacapia will have to be made anew. No darkness or war, no pain or death." She paused and looked down at her baby. "As for my baby boy, he'll have to go through life without his parents. Bronziel promise me you'll be there for him, p-promise me you'll c-care for him, and when the time comes for him to be king, guide him."

Bronziel looked at the queens tearful face and knew what he had to do. "I promise your majesty but I don't understand why you can't come with us?"

"A queen will always fight for her people and her land till the very end. I must not abandon this war Bronziel, not until my people are safe."

Bam!

The entire land shook and Bronziel looked out the window to see the ground on fire. He had to get everyone out now! He grabbed his satchel and started filling it with books, wands, and was about to take the prince out of the queens hands when the room was suddenly filled with bright light. Shielding his eyes, Bronziel turned around to see a small orb of light floating towards him.

"A prophecy." The boy breathed. He started reaching for it. He was so close he could touch it when the moaning started. He turned around to see the queen on the ground.