Mission Not-So-Impossible

"Sneak into Castle Bluebay?!" Leo asked incredulously.

Astara nodded. "Yep that's what I said, come on we need a plan."

Leo shook his head in disbelief. "You literally just got here, we're not even sure yet if you're staying, and you want to do something that could possibly get our heads chopped off?!"

She thought about it for a minute. "Yeah pretty much. Now come on Wizard Boy, we need a plan!" She stood up and started examining the castle walls.

Leo copied her hesitantly. "Okay as incredibly stupid as this idea is, it's also kind of brilliant. I mean I've pulled some pretty good pranks over the years but nothing like this!"

"You mean because this is an actual crime?"

His face paled. "And why are you so comfortable with committing a crime?" He asked curiously.

Astara didn't know why she loved breaking the rules so much. She felt a rush and a thrill whenever she broke them. Boy did she love that feeling! But where did it start? She'd been breaking them for so long it was hard to remember.

Ohhh right!

It'd started when she figured out that if she got in enough trouble, her parents would have to come and talk to the teachers. And of course she would take any opportunity to get their attention, even if it meant getting yelled at.

Except they would never pick up the phone. They would never do anything except stare at the newspaper or watch The Dukes of Hazard on the television.

Forget about them, you're about to break into a castle for crying out loud!

That's right, she had far more important things to do.

So her and Leo spent hours trying to come up with the perfect plan. Astara thought of scaling the castle walls and climbing through a window. But Leo remembered that he had a fear of heights and shot the idea down. Then Leo suggested that they march up to the guards and knock them out. But when Astara reminded him that he was ten times smaller than the guards, that idea was demolished too.

"Ugh! We've been thinking for hours and we still don't have a good plan!" Astara groaned.

"Um did you not here the plan where I knock out the guards? That's pure genius right there."

She rolled her eyes. "We've been over this already, you're not a muscle man with bulging arms and a six pack!"

"How do you know that I don't have a six pack?! Here I'll show you right n-"

"No!" She shouted turning away. "No, do not do that!"

Leo smiled. "Then as far as you know I do have a six pack."

"That's not—wait why do I even care? We need a plan that actually works!" Astara exclaimed.

Leo scratched his chin. He looked in deep thought for a few moments. Then he turned to Astara.

"Wait I just realized something, I can just teleport us in!" He grinned at her but then backed away at the sight of her face.

She gritted her teeth. "You mean to tell me that after hours and hours of trying to come up with ideas, you just realized this?!"

He shrugged his shoulders nervously. "Oopsie?"

Taking a deep breath, she cooled down. "You know what? It's fine. Let's just teleport in already."