Jumping Into New Chapters

"What do you mean you have to take me back?!" Astara asked almost in horror.

She knew that she should have expected this, she had a whole life back in Queens that she should get back to.

A life filled with detention, disapproving teachers, and terrible, not even real, parents.

But still a life.

"I mean exactly that, I must take you back to your home right away." His eyes looked strangely panicked and his voice sounded urgent...why?

Leo stood up from the bench they were both sitting on. "Why does she have to go back? We were just starting to like each other!"

"Uh I never agreed to that." She pointed out.

But he just ignored her. "Come on, you can trust me! Why does Astara have to leave? Why do you sound so panicked? I'm your apprentice, just trust me for once!" Leo practically shouted with frustration.

"That is quite enough Leo!" The Sorcerer snapped at his apprentice. His eyes looked full of lightning and Astara swore she heard thunder clap in the distance. But that could've just been her insanely wild imagination.

The boy backed away with a hurt look on his face. Though he tried to hide it as he turned away mumbling: "I bet your teacher never kept things from you."

When Mr Daniels heard those words sorrow immediately covered his face. He opened his mouth and reached to put a hand on Leo's shoulder but stopped mid-way. He blinked and all the sorrow left his face. "You'll understand soon my boy, soon."

"Not likely." Leo grumbled.

"We will have a further discussion later but right now I have to get Astara back to her home." Mr Daniels said, reaching his hand out to her.

Astara didn't take it. "Please don't make me go back there! You're the one that said that I was the solution to all your problems! Sure I have no idea what that means, but isn't that a reason why I should stay?" She asked desperately.

But all Mr Daniels said was: "Things have changed. Come on Astara, we must go now."

Astara didn't want to go. She didn't want to listen. She wanted to cross her arms and stomp her foot and refuse to go back to Queens. But as tempting as that was, there was something in his face that made her listen, which was something that she didn't do often.

She nodded and stood up. Then she turned to Leo awkwardly. "Nice knowing ya Wizard Boy."

He looked down at the ground. "Same for you Asta."

Mr Daniels had a pained look on his face when he reached his hand out to her. "Come on, lets go."

And for once she listened.

He led her back into the castle. They turned many, many, many corners before they reached wherever the heck they were going. And that was...

Stairs. Lots and lots of stairs.

"Do we really have to walk up all of those steps? Can't you just teleport us up there?" Astara groaned.

He nodded. "Indeed I could, but I wouldn't get too dependent on magic, especially since you're going back to the humans."

Like she needed a reminder.

"Miss Knight's going back to the humans?" King Harold stepped around the corner with a confused look on his face.

Mr Daniels sighed and Astara turned to the king. "Weren't you the one that said I had to?"

His expression turned to surprise. "Of course not! Queen Chrystal and I would love to have you here in Cornacapia! You're a Cornacapian for goodness sake, you belong here."