Arc 4 Chapter 19: Undying Love

Comincia dall'inizio

"I suppose I did, do you want some?"

Again Jun felt his anger slightly start to bubble, still he calmly tried to answer. "Only if Sensei will allow me."

Slowly S poured her disciple a cup of tea as he unhesitantly drank it down till not even a drop remained.

"To drink it all... do you like it that much?" S mischievously questioned.

Hearing the woman's slight difference in tone Jun stiffened, he had believed drinking the tea would lessen the suspicion on him, he hadn't considered that drinking it all may look even more suspicious.

He quickly calmed his heart and mind, like this he plainly answered. "I do not like nor hate it, it is simply helpful in taking the pill. Drinking it all has simply become a routine nothing more."

Like this Jun finally set the tea cup down on the table as he turned his back to leave in silence.

S watched the young man's fleeting figure as her dark eyes contemplated his actions. "He's been slightly suspicious lately... but I don't think I left any hints behind regarding the tea's properties, so I'm sure I don't need to worry too much. After all this is my last world, worst case scenario I simply leave and wait out my time away from him." 

With that she decided she would leave it alone for now as she headed to bed.

She would be sure to have a nice long sleep.

After the previous night, she had already decided not to give him her Qi for a week.

After all, even if he knew nothing, he was surely still suspicious of her from the other night, it would be foolish visiting his room the night right after.

She decided to take it easy and rest for the time being, recuperating her body and energy from it's terribly weakened state.

Only after a week passed would she attempt to go back to transferring her Qi.

.....................

As soon as Jun got back to his room he once again quickly took the rejuvenation herbs and headed to his bed.

Laying down he kept his eyes closed but his mind wide awake as he patiently waited.

If his guess was correct then he was certain the woman would appear once again in the night to  do whatever she had been doing to him.

Like this one hour passed.

Then two hours.

Then six...

The sun began to trickle in on the dark angry eyes of a certain young man.

"Stupid Sun! Where the hell is she?!" Angrily Jun sat up, he had waited all night to trap his Sensei but she never appeared!

"Tch!" Angrily he got out of bed, deeply confused as he wondered if his guess had perhaps been wrong.

But if that was true then why was the scent always in his dreams?

No, he was certain something was happening.

Like this his anger didn't dissipate but only grew more discernible as he got ready and headed out for his morning spar. 

Unfortunately for Jun, S misunderstood his anger for disgust from the other night.

While Jun started to spared he suddenly realized something was off with his body.

Every day he felt renewed with a tiny bit more power. But today his Qi growth had begun to slow down.

The other morning it had been like that too...

Strangely his bodies Qi was slightly slower in growth.

Jun had simply assumed it was due to not having slept the night before, but now he began to wonder if it was perhaps something else.

As he contemplated such things he decided not too worry about it too much. 

First he needed to resolve the thing that bugged him the most, and that was the mystery concerning his Sensei.

..................

3 nights passed and Jun continued to drink the tea while eating herbs to stay up all night, still his Sensei never came. 

Everyday his Qi remained vibrant but slightly stagnant in its growth.

He was growing more dismayed every passing day.

On the fourth night his body couldn't take it and he fell asleep. Although he was at a high cultivation stage, It wasn't yet at the stage where he could completely go without sleep.

His body still needed a few hours a night, so going without sleep for the past few days had taken a toll.

When he woke up in the morning he expected his Qi growth to go back to normal, after all sleep should have rejuvenated his body and Qi. 

However as he tried to meditate he quickly grew disappointed. 

His Qi growth was still passive.

That wasn't all, even when he slept he didn't dream about the warm presence lingering in his soul, nor did he smell the faint calming scent of florals mixed with spice...

With bitter eyes he continued with his day.

Although he wanted to continue staying up and watching for his Sensei to return, he was more scared of his Qi not regaining its previous vigor in growth.

After all if it no longer progressed at such a swift rate, did that mean he was nearing the end of his Qi's potential, would he remain at a third stage level of cultivation?

If that was the case would his Sensei no longer see value in him, would she no longer care to teach him? Would he never prove himself to her...? Would she finally discard him and call him a waste...

"If I sleep for a whole night, surely my Qi will return." Jun reassured himself, he didn't dare think any deeper into it as he focused even harder on his training and meditation. 

But as the night neared and he fully slept though it he grew more and more disappointed, his Qi continued to improve at a vastly slower pace. (AN: he is still improving quite a bit but he considers it slow since the Villain always gave him a boost of Qi)

Again Jun tried to sleep through the night but again it didn't yield the intended results.

With bitter eyes he began to wonder if perhaps his Sensei had done something to him.

Maybe that was her true intent for visiting him at night.

Perhaps she already regarded him as useless, perhaps she had already started the process of devouring his Qi...

He couldn't be sure, but a deep pain filled his heart.

It wasn't until the seventh night that something finally happened.

Desert Note: Jun's getting closer to the truth! Or is he... ⚆ _ ⚆

Also if he discovers the truth, what will the Villain do...