Arc 2 Chapter 4: The CEO Is My Lover

Is this really him? No, it must be but... what could have happened...? Sage was perplexed as she looked into the dark, inky black eyes that no longer seemed to hold light or sense of fight like they did in the last world.

'His eyes weren't that blackened when I left him, could it have been from this life? No, it must have been from the last one... but I left him with everything he'd need in the last life, he even said he found a fiance. So why... why do his eyes look so black and empty? It's almost impossible to turn that black in just a single world...right? Well, his eyes were dark to begin with, but I haven't completely ruled out the idea that that's due to the fact that he might be a part of a system. Anyways, perhaps his eyes darkened so much because he was tortured or betrayed in the last world by someone he loved...? Maybe by the unknown fiance?'

The Villain's eyes suddenly widened with realization. 

'It can't be he actually-'

'No.' She didn't want to think about the possibility, instead she stopped such thoughts, she would play dumb...

'If that's the case, I guess in this life I will have to find someone better for him.' Sage thought as she continued to emotionlessly stare back at the man.

Seeing that the emotionless beauty in front of him had no intentions to speak Jiro decided to go ahead and talk first.

"Why are you just standing and staring, the door to the Bar is on the other side." The man mockingly scoffed.

Sage didn't say anything, she just started ripping the sleeves of her shirt and wrapped the fabric around the man's bleeding wounds.

For a moment Jiro was dazed as he watched, however he quickly snapped out of it.

"Ha, you're wasting your time and effort. This body's not gonna care in a few hours." 

Little did he know, Sage already knew that his vague words meant he was planning to kill himself, instead she simply continued on, paying no head to the man's cold words. 

After all the Villain had other plans.

"JUST LEAVE ALREADY!" Angrily the man yelled as his eyes turned even darker.

'Surely she will leave now...' The weary young man hoped, he had no more energy for difficult things in life, his soul had already long ago reached a tired state, too taxed to live on.

Contrary to his expectations, the emotionless woman looked completely indifferent as she continued to wrap his wounds and stay.

'Just who is she!?' Suddenly the man's soul felt a strange but familiar twinge as his body longed to look up. 

Unknown strength filled the man's body as his tired head bobbed up forcing his unbalanced gaze to truly look at beauty. It only took a moment for his eyes to focus before something in his soul shook.

Although the man suffered a lot in his life, he had never hated or been afraid of anything. His soul seemed oddly accustomed to such things...

Yet, from the time he was a kid he always hated sleeping. 

Why? 

Because he would always have one repeated nightmare that chilled him to his very core. 

In it, he would be chasing after an unknown woman. He could not see any of her features or her face but still he ran after her. For only then did he feel a strange warmth and light, so comforting that his body wished to remain within the dream forever. However, just as he realized that happiness, just as he was finally able to catch up to the unknown beauty, everything changed. Everything turned a liquid red, as dark, soul piercing eyes, stared deep into his soul. Then the light disappeared and the darkness swallowed him whole. He was left all alone in bitter darkness.