Night

"Don't you dare." Grey hissed at Robin as the shorter man eyed the stage and the sign proclaiming it was karaoke night at the place they'd ended up for a very late dinner. Back to back unrelated homicides had kept Grey running around London nonstop for the past five days with barely any breaks and he was starving and exhausted. He'd had a couple of biscuits when he'd felt shaky to keep his energy up and had taken a short nap somewhere on day three, or at least he was faintly certain that he had, but at this point he was just barely keeping awake to cram food into his mouth, the high of solving both crimes wearing off fast.

How could Robin think that karaoke was a good idea was beyond Grey, considering he'd also had a hectic week. And two hectic weeks before that. The entire month seemed to have been hell. He hadn't slept in several days, his eyes had dark circles under them, and his suit looked rumpled like he's been sleeping in it. It was amazing he was out in public looking like he was considering how much he cared about his appearance. Grey was reluctant to believe that it may be because he wanted to spend time with him, especially since Robin was so interested in singing.

"It looks fun." Robin pointed out from around his sandwich. His first words to Grey in a month and he was talking about karaoke and not even bothering to swallow.

"I haven't seen you, I'd like to have you keep eating with me. It's why we decided to meet here, isn't it?" Grey sighed and worked more food into his mouth.

"Well, I did kind of suggest this place for both reasons." Robin murmured, wiggling his eyebrows in a sort of vaguely suggestive way. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Eat." Grey ordered simply.

Before Grey could say anymore, Robin began to sing into his sandwich, voice muffled by the bread, "Suddenly you're in my life, part of everything I do, you got me working day and night, just trying to keep a hold on you..."

"Stop that." Grey tapped his foot under the table with his own, not having the heart to kick him even though part of him wanted to.

Robin slid around the booth to Greys side with sloppy movements, holding his sandwich in one hand as he scooted closer tiredly, "Here in your arms I found my paradise, my only chance for happiness. And if I lose you now I think I would die... oh say you'll always be my baby, we can make it shine. We can take forever just a minute at a time."

Grey could feel Robins lips curl up in a wicked smile before he launched into the chorus, starting to purr just a bit, "More than a woman... more than a woman to me. More than a woman... more than a woman to me."

Robin burst into giggles and flopped his head back to grin at Grey, incredibly pleased with himself.

Grey gave him a dark look, wondering if perhaps they should get their food into boxes and head to sleep.

"You're more than everyone to me." Robin said firmly, taking another bite before starting to sing again, a hand resting at the nape of Greys neck and twisting his curls gently, "This is the only way that we should fly. This is the only way to go. And if I lose you I know I would die, oh say you'll always be my baby, we can make it shine. We can take forever just a minute at a time."

"I should get home." Grey decided, feeling an unfamiliar pang of worry at how overtired Robin must be.

"Are you putting the moves on me, dear Detective?" Robin teased.

"You know I don't do that." Greys expression was less annoyed and more indulgent than he was hoping it to be. Why did he feel so fond of this man?

"Of course, darling." Robin waved his hands around as Grey dragged him to his feet and brushed crumbs off his jacket for him, "It was a joke. Don't do anything you aren't comfortable with. I would hate that."

Greys eyes flickered over Robin and marveled at how he was respectful even in his exhausted state. Definitely fond. But before Grey could leave the place Robin smirked and dragged The Detective on the karaoke stage.

"Robin what are you-"

"Don't worry, I was waiting for our turn. Why else would I distract you from leaving so soon?"

Robin smiled and handed Grey one of the microphones.

"TBC BECAUSE SCOTTS PROCRASTINATING"
-Editor