Chapter 9 - Waiting game

I waited for Rey to get through to Luke for days, I often wondered around the island. Chewie and I have been trying to get through to the Resistance, we can't get through to them. Chewie walks outside and roars at the Porgs. I try to contact them again and someone answers.

"Y/N? Is that you?"

"Poe?" I ask

"Oh thank the stars. I missed your voice."

"Is everyone okay?" I ask.

"Well we are kind of trapped by the First Order but Finn and Rose have a plan." He sighs.

"Keep me updated."

"Wait! Y/N I miss you." Poe whispers.

I sigh and roll my eyes. "I miss you too Poe."

"You know what I want to do right now?" His voice darkens.

"Oh yeah, what would that be?"

"I want to touch you. I wish you would let me. I keep imagining me railing you in my X-" I cut Poe off.

"Poe! Nows not the time!"

"What? I'm just trying to lighten the mood." He chuckles.

"Bye Poe."

"Be careful Y/N." He whispers.

"Oh Poe? We will never do that in your X-Wing."

"Damn." He curses.

"We would in mine." I smirk.

"Wait wha-"

I cut off the communication and laugh. Oh boy what have I done.

I shouldn't tease him like this, I'm leading him on.

But am I though? I kind of liked it.

I slap myself and run out of the Falcon. I need to stay focused. 

I run up to the little huts and find Rey in one, she looked confused. I knocked and walked in. "Hey Rey."

"Oh hi Y/N." She moved over for me to sit.

"How is training going?"

"Difficult your old master is very difficult." She laughed.

"Well good thing that I will be finishing your training. With the help of Leia." Rey's face lights up. "My Padawan is now a Jedi Knight so I need a new Padawan."

Rey instantly hugged me and laughed. "Y/N will you stay with me  tonight?"

"Of course." I smile. "Rey I know we haven't known each other very long but I want you to know that I'm quite fond of you." I hold her hand. "You actually remind me of me."

"And I you." She smiles. That night I fell asleep early. I awoke to see Rey gone. It was the middle of the night where was she? I put my robe on and put in the hood due to the rain and walked outside. I saw Luke open the door to another hut and yell. He then breaks the hut. "Stop!"

"Is it true? Did you try to murder him?" Rey runs after Luke, past me.

"Leave this Island now!"

"Stop!" Rey hits him with her staff.

"Rey!" I yell.

"Did you create Kylo Ren?" Luke force grabs a staff and blocks her. The two start to fight until Rey ignites his saber. "Tell us the truth!" Rey seethes.

I step up next to Rey and watch Luke curiously. "I saw darkness. I'd sensed it building in him....Y/N did too. But then I looked inside, and it was beyond what I ever imagined. Smoke had already turned his heart. He would bring destruction, and pain, and death. And the end of everything I love because of what he would become." He pauses and looks at me. "And for the briefest moment of pure instinct, I thought I could stop it. It passed like a fleeting shadow, and I was left with shame and with consequence. And the last thing I saw, were the eyes of  a frightened boy, whose master had failed him."

"You failed him by thinking his choice was made. It wasn't." Rey speaks up.

"There's still conflict in him. I saw it on the Star Killer Base." I step forward.

"If he were turned from the dark side, that could shift the tide." Rey looks to me.

"This could be how we win."  I say.

"This is not going to go the way you think."

"It is. Just now when we touched hands, I saw his future. As solid as I'm seeing you now. If we go to him, Ben Solo will turn."

"Please don't do this." He begs us.

"Then he's our last hope." Rey grabs my hand and pulls me with her. I stop for a moment and go back and hug Luke. I then grab her hand again and follow her to the Falcon. "Alright I have to go to him. You two will drop me off."

"No, drop us off." I say. Rey looks at me confused.  "Ben Solo is my best friend. I want to be there for him."  I look at my bracelet and smile.

"Fine. We both will go. But I will first." She smiles. Rey grabs my wrist softly and looks at my bracelet. "What's this?"

"A gift from Luke and Ben."  I smile.

"It's beautiful. And what about your necklace."

"That's from Poe." I laugh.

"Oh the one who kissed you?" She giggles.

"It's complicated."

"Well you both look good together." She pats my thigh.

"And what about you and Ben? How exactly did you touch hands?"

"I can't explain it, it's so strange. We just like connect through the force........Oh we are here." Rey looks outside. "I will go first. Wait 10 minutes and then come. They will take me to see Snoke. Follow us."

I nod and help her in one of the pods. "May the force be with you." I smile. She nods and the door closes. Then she's gone.

I bite my nails as I wait. I was nervous for Rey. Chewie finally circles back and I load into the other Pod. I wait nervously as I fly out and into Snokes ship.

I'm greeted by two Troopers, I instantly use the force to snap their necks. "How uncivilized." I whisper. Luckily the hangar is empty. I sneak around the ship and avoid getting caught. Eventually I see someone familiar in First Order Uniforms. "Finn?" I whisper.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?"

"Um I don't really know anymore. I was supposed to find Rey. She was taken to see Snoke." I whisper.

"Rey's here?"

"Yes." I shush him.

"Alright we are in." Some guy says. When they go inside, I decide to stay out here and keep watch but I then hear First Order members talking. I instantly jumped up and into their vents as a silver trooper walks in.

"Shit." I whisper.

New plan. Rescue Finn and Rose.