That Night

Hiccup turns around and grabs the handle of the machine he had shown Gobber and bolts off. Hiccup swerves in between Vikings, who all notice the Viking running towards the danger when he wasn't meant to.

"Hiccup, where are you going?!"

"Come back here!"

"Yeah I know I'll be right back," Hiccup tells the people. 

><><><

Three Nadders were surrounding the sheep ready to grab them and fly away, however, they were netted by a group of Vikings led by Stoick. One attempts to blast him and leave as they wrestled with each other.

"Mind yourself the devils still have some juice in them!" Stoick reminds the group as he successfully tied up a Nadder.

><><><

Hiccup runs through the deserted part of the village to the cliffside to get the best shot possible as the automatic catapult sets itself up with Hiccup pulling the launcher so the bolas is set. 

He waited as an eerie silence filled the air, he looked at the stars hoping to catch a glimpse of the feared beast. 

"Give me something to shoot at," Hiccup whispers to himself, before trailing off as he sees something hindering the sight of the stars, he tightens the grip of his machine. 

A loud screeching could be heard coming in his direction as an explosion happens, letting the dragon be seen clearer Hiccup launches the machine as the recoil pushes him back onto the ground, he gets up just in time to see the shadow of it falls to from the sky with a roar trailing where it went.

"... oh I hit, I HIT THAT DID ANYONE ELSE SEE THAT?!" Hiccup celebrates, turning around to see if anyone else saw that, while not seeing the head of a Monstrous Nightmare peek over the cliff.

The Monstrous Nightmare climbs up towards him gaining the attention of the energic boy by crushing his invention with his foot with ease. Hiccup turns at the noise, his energy drops as his eyes widen.

"Except for you..." He sighs before taking off running.

A high pitch scream can be heard as Hiccup runs with the Nightmare chasing him, the dragons on his tail down where he came from. The group that had the Nadders all netted heard a cry, causing all to look up to spot a Nightmare chasing Hiccup off a cliff.

Stoick sighs in disappointment, knowing exactly who it is.

The Chief turns to a man with a neckbeard and a helmet with two curled horns. 

"Don't let them escape!" He booms at the man. 

"Right." The man replies quickly, watching as Stoick runs off to save his son.

Again.

><><><

Hiccup stumbles into a wall in the main square, pushing himself off it while fire replaces where he once was. The Nightmare keeps chasing him, this time firing at him directly, only for the blast to hit the ground.
Hiccup hides behind one of the beacons as the Nightmare fires at the pole, the fire curls around as Hiccup feels the extreme heat of the dragon's fire.

After a few seconds, the fire lets up and Hiccup leans out to the left while the Nightmare's head appears on the right. 

The Nightmare attempts to grab Hiccup, only to be stopped by a tackle from Stoick and they both fall to the ground. Both recover quickly, in a stand-off as Stoick tilts his helmet so it sits evenly on his head.

The Monstrous Nightmare growls, rearing its head back before going to fire. But, only a few embers come out, meaning the dragon was out of shots having used them while chasing Hiccup.

"You're all out..." Stoick mutters to the dragon, leaping forward to start hitting the face of the dragon, which was defenceless without its fire. After a few hits the dragon backs away, flying off as all the other dragons leave the island.

"Oh, and there's one more thing you need to know..." 

The pole, having its support burnt away, crumbles as Stoick looks back towards where his son is standing, to have the torch fall to the left as the fire of the torch destroys a pathway down to the docks. On the way, the torch falls between the Nadders causing those there to jump out of the way, causing the nets to be burnt away. The Nadders all fly off, quickly while squawking. 

The large pack of dragons carry away most of the life stock and food from the village, to take Thor knows where.

Stoick, with the angriest look on his face, looks at Hiccup, as other Vikings stare towards the stolen cattle and food. Hiccup, nervous, looks away from him and mutters out something ridiculous to everyone but him.

"Sorry, Dad. Okay, but I hit a Night Fury."

A large, rough hand grabs onto the collar and starts dragging the boy, Hiccup knew it was his father immediately

"It's not like the last few times, Dad! I mean, I really actually hit it! You guys were busy, and I had a very clear shot. It went down, just off Raven Point. Let's get a search party out there, before it-" He rambles on.

"STOP!" Stoick barks at him, interrupting his sentence.

"Just... stop. Every time you step outside, disaster follows. Can you not see that I have bigger problems? Winter's almost here and I have an entire village to feed!" Stoick tells him more calmly than just before, as everyone in the village looked on.

"Between you and me, the village could do with a little less feeding, don't ya think?" Hiccup retorts and gasps are heard throughout the village, Vikings are offended by what was just said. 

"This isn't a joke, Hiccup! Why can't you follow the simplest orders?" Stoick asks.

"I can't stop myself. I see a dragon and I have to just... kill it, you know? It's who I am, Dad." Hiccup answers, though not sounding too sure of himself.

Stoick sighs and puts a hand on his forehead. 

"You are many things, Hiccup. But a dragon killer is not one of them. Get back to the house." He explains to his son and he looks to Gobber, "Make sure he gets there. I have this mess to clean up."

Gobber hits him on the head and walks away with Hiccup in front of them.

They walk past the group of teens, who are all laughing or smiling as they make fun of him.

"Quite the performance."

"I've never seen anyone mess up that badly. That helped!"

Snotlout was shoved to the ground by Gobber, however, one H/C girl looks on in sympathy, knowing the feeling of what just happened to the chief's son.