A New Threat

Your POV

"Well, I think that our patrol is over for tonight you two," I told Nyra and Mischief as we had been placed on patrol shift for the night and the sun was bound to come up soon, plus I wanted to get a few hours of shut-eye.

I heard both of them grumble in agreeance to my statement as they were both tired as well because we've been on the night shifts for a week straight.

"Yes I know, that's why we're going in a bit earlier so we can get a few more hours of sleep," I told them both to which they both seemed to perk up a bit.

We flew to the landing strip on the stables and I see a certain blondie and her Nadder out of the stables.

"Well, well let's go catch them before they take off aye?" I told the two dragons who roar in agreement and speed off to catch the two before they take off.

We get there and land in front of them surprising the pair causing me to smirk slightly.

"And where do you think you're going, Astrid?" I asked her with genuine curiosity.

"Well, Stormfly and I were going to go on a morning flight, wanna come along?" She answered and followed up with a question causing me to sigh.

"Would love to, but I'm pretty tired after being on night patrol for a week with little sleep so I'm going to try to get a few more hours of sleep," I explain to her.

"Fair enough, maybe next time?" She asked hopefully as she always loved spending time with me for some reason.

"Yeah, for sure but come back soon yeah?" I told her with some sternness.

"I'll be back before lunch, promise." She told me and took off with Stormfly afterwards causing me to shake my head.

"Well, let's go get some sleep."

><><><

I woke up and sat up to stretch but before that could happen I got knocked down by Mischief.

"OHHHH WHYYYY?" I whined playfully as Mischief nuzzled me and wouldn't let me get up.

I started playfully wrestling him for a few minutes but stopped so I could get up.

"Okay, okay now let me get up," I told him but he just went limp on my body causing me to groan.

"C'mon Mischief, please?" I begged only for him not to move at all.

"I'll give you an extra fish for lunch if you let me get up." I reasoned causing him to fly off me and towards the door.

'Always works' I thought to myself as I got up to get myself ready for the day.

After brushing my hair and doing the rest of my routine I walked over to Nyra, who was still asleep.

"Hey girl," I told her gently putting a hand on her to wake her up. She cracked her eyes open and looked at me with the gentleness that she always does.

"Good morning, want to go get some food?" I asked her and she yawned as she woke up a bit more and I move away so she can get down from her hanging position. 

I walked outside to see it was almost midday, which means Astrid should be back by now as she did say lunch, which is midday, so I walked down to the clubhouse with Nyra and Mischief behind me.

When I get to the clubhouse I see Dracul standing there with a concerned face, Snotlout eating and the twins messing around. I walk over to Dracul, grab an apple on the way and stand next to him.