080 // flashback

A WEEK AFTER Singto and Ohm broke up...

"Why is P'Krist in our agency?" Ohm whispered to Singto.

"Take a guess," Singto replied to his best friend with a wide smile on his face.

"You courted him, didn't you?" Ohm teased while pinching Singto's side.

"Well..."

"Wait a damn minute," Ohm's forehead creased while analyzing his best friend's wide smile and tomato cheeks. "You're together already, am I right? I can see through you, so don't lie to me. When? How? Like, why didn't you tell me?"

Singto bit his lower lip as he scratched his nape. "The day after the beach party?"

"Oh, the day after we broke up?"

The two fell silent and later on, Ohm's laughter can be heard every corner of the room. Krist came back from the comfort room with a serious face while staring at his man and the man beside his man—what a complicated love story.

In short, Krist was getting jealous.

Singto was overprotective towards his best friend and he wouldn't let the man be alone, even just for a second. He doesn't want to punch a psycho and moreover, he doesn't like his best friend to be admitted again.

Twice was enough for him. If Nont would lay a finger on Ohm, it would be a war between the two and Singto doesn't care if his career could be at risk.

He would protect the one's he love the most—as well as Krist.

"Silly." Ohm took Krist hand and let the man sit beside Singto. "If you're planning to have a cute date today, go on. Don't worry about me, okay? And besides, I'm not a baby and your life doesn't revolve around me anymore."

"But—"

"You know that I don't accept buts and whatsoever, right? Go on, please?" Ohm showed an assuring smile to his best friend.

Singto nodded. "If anything happens, call for help or even call me right away."

"Will do!"

***

WHEN THE DAY was finally over, Krist went home while Singto went to his best friend's apartment which was next to his. As soon as Singto stepped foot on the ground, he saw a familiar guy waving at him outside the building.

"What is he doing here?" Singto asked himself before checking on his car.

"Long time no see?" Nont said as soon as the older stood beside him.

"What do you want?"

Nont raised both hands while smiling. "I'm not here for Ohm, I'm here for you."

It was evident on Singto's face that he's confused. "What do you mean? I don't have any business with you."

"Oh, really? As far as I could remember, you meddle with my business and that makes you my business as well."

"Look, I only ask you to stay away from Ohm. You have already caused so much pain and trouble to the guy. If I have to beg, I will do it, just stay away from my best friend!"

"I won't," Nont shrugged his head while handing the older a polaroid picture. "But I have other business to deal with, so that you will stay away from my business."

Singto stared at the polaroid picture in his hands that were shaking from horror. He could absolutely feel his sweat on his forehead.

When Singto lift his head, Nont was nowhere to be seen.

"Krist..." Singto whispered as he crumpled the polaroid picture.

It was a warning. 

***