PT.3 C H A P T E R NINE

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry," she said, playing along with me. "It won't happen again."

I hummed and slid my hand over her collarbone before lightly grabbing her neck. "You promise?" I whispered and she nodded while leaning forward to kiss me again.

As we kissed, I slowly tightened my hand around her neck until I felt her pulse on my thumb. "Okay now." Melissa said while clearing her throat all extra-like. "You got a curious ass two year old here.."

I pulled back and glanced at Dahlia to see her staring right at us with furrowed eyebrow. "Roby bite mama's tongue." She mumbled while looking at Robyn. "Ew yucky."

Welp. I chuckled softly and pulled back. "Yes, nasty, don't ever do that, okay?" She nodded with a grimace and looked down at her tablet while mumbling 'yucky' to herself. Good to know she's reached that stage, I suppose.

"I'm so ready to stretch out on my bed." Robyn groaned out as she laid back on the seat, her eyes looking out of the window only to see LA traffic. "Ugh, I hate it here."

I rubbed her leg with a smile. "Take a nap, I know jet lag has to be messing you up." She nodded before leaning over to lay her head on my shoulder. I pressed a kiss to her forehead before leaning my own head back and staring up at the ceiling.

"Y/nn?" I hummed at Melissa. "Dante said to text him."

My heart dropped.

Would you believe me if I said I honestly forgot? I swallowed thickly and nodded. "Tell him I will when I get home, my phones dead."

Phone's dead just like I was going to be.. shit.

-

I tapped my phone against my hand as I paced back and forth in front of the bedroom door. I can do this, I need to do this. I just have to walk in and be straight up. I have to take the consequences of my wrongdoings.

Make your bed and lie in it right?

I closed my eyes and counted to three before I pushed the door open. "Robyn we need to- where you going?" I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw she was fully dressed and shoving shit into her purse.

She looked up in confusion. "You didn't get my text?" I looked down at my phone and saw from tapping it repeatedly, I turned on Do Not Disturb.

The new bad boys movie just came out!! Let's go see it. Date night 😘

I looked up and saw her spraying perfume on. Why? I looked up at the ceiling. Why was it so hard?

"I heard it's good, I can't wait to see it." I nodded slightly, the coward in me coming back full force. Just a movie.. I'd tell her after the movie. "You know how long it's been since I've sat down in a movie theater?" I heard the pure and genuine excitement in her voice. "This is up there with like.. getting my own groceries."

I hummed and moved to the closet. "Yeah it's something." I mumbled and grabbed a jacket to pull over my shirt since I had already changed. "Who's watching the kids?"

"Melissa wants to have a Godchild day or whatever so she's gonna take them out for a day of 'adventures', Dante too. That's where I came up with date night." Realization dawned over me. Dante? Of course.

I punched the wall lightly before walking out of the closet. He had to have set this up, huh? Trying to make sure I'd tell her by taking the kids for the day. No distractions.

I'm sure he'd be happy to know his plan backfired, fucking idiot.

After we were dressed and ready, we took my Maybach and decided to have dinner first. "You know, I never had that typical date shit." I looked over at her in the passenger seat with a smile at her cute excitement. "Like, dinner then a movie? Never had it."