Chapter 6) A Blessing in Disguise

Okay, so I know I said I was gonna try to upload at least two chapters today, but I was passed out til around 1 and then i've just been busy. I hope you enjoy this chapter, I decided to make it from Sly's point of view for this part, Hope its good. Thanks for reading.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 6) A Blessing in Disguise

----Sly's POV---

I yawn as I wake up. I try to stretch and a sharp pain shoots up my leg. "Ahhh", I groan. My head falls back onto the soft pillow. I close my eyes and try to remain still, waiting for the pain to subside. "Good morning beautiful", I look up and see Ryan, smiling at me, his dark green eyes shining. I smile weakly back up at him, "Morning.." I grimace as another sharp pain comes over me. Ryan rushes over, "You okay? Need anything?" "Right now, I would love some pain meds, but seeing as we're on an island, i'll live." He laughs, then flashes me another smile. "You wanna go outside, or would you rather have breakfast in bed?" "Hmmm...let's go outside", I told him. He leans over and picks me up, bridal style, careful of my foot. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held on. He carried my out, and set me down in a makeshift chair. "How'd you build this?" I asked him. "Jack, James, and me all pitched in and built it for you, so you wouldn't be stuck in that tent all the time." Everyone suddenly showed up, arms loaded with fruit, James had some fish in his, and set it down before they all started asking me questions. "How are you feeling?" "You sleep good?" "Need anything?" "Guys hold on one at a time!" I laughed and turned to Jack and James, "Thanks guys for helping Ryan build the chair, it's great." They smile and sit down right beside me, then I turn to Megs and Pony, "I know I was suppose to help with the beds, I'm sorry, I was just so worried about Josh, and then I had to go and screw up my foot.." "It's okay, but next time just listen to us, we either do something together or not at all." I look down, my face starting to blush. 

"Anyway...Sly I'll be back in a few..", Ryan said, while looking past me toward the jungle. I nodded and said, "Okay, where are you going?" "Ehh..i'm just goin in the jungle..not far." "oh..ok hurry back." I hear him mutter, "Yeah..sure thing.." as he is walking away. I watch him leave, "Did I do something? No of course not, well besides running off to chase after Josh, getting lost, and braking your foot." I shook my head and looked up at Pony watching me. "You okay Shelly?", She asked. "I'm not sure, I think I did something to hurt Ryan, i dunno." "I don't think you did anything, he's been really quiet all morning, only time he spoke was when he said he was going to go check on you." "oh" I sit there wondering, watching the waves crash, I notice dark clouds forming, rolling closer. I hear thunder signaling a storm was coming.

---Ryan's POV---

I walk off toward the jungle, I needed to think, not that i've been doing anything but since I heard Sly last night. I hadn't slept since I woke up and heard her in her sleep. I have been playing those words over in my head again and again. "Ryan...don't go...I love you.." I was definitly in her dream, but she could of been dreaming of us up at the pond, when Josh came running up, My name could have been when we were kissing, but then the don't go, could easily been her talking about Josh running off. But then what about those three simple words, that have haunted me since hearing them? Could she have meant she loved me? Or did she mean Josh?  I groaned as I slumped back against a tree. I sat there for what seemed like forever when I heard thunder. Great just what we need, a damn storm on top of all this. 

I get up and head back toward camp, The thunder getting louder and louder, the closer the storm got. As I reach camp I see Sly watching the waves and storm clouds getting closer. I can't but smile, she looked so beautiful, even with the makeshift splint, and the wares of living on a deserted island for days. I get closer and her face turns toward me, hearing the sound of my footsteps. "Hey" I say. She smiles, "Hey stranger, what you been doing?" "Just thinking." "About...?" I smirk and answer, " You of course, what else?" "Hmmm..I dunno maybe What's gonna happen when that storm gets here.." she laughs as I roll my eyes. I plop down beside her, listening to the thunder. I've always loved the sound, it used to put me to sleep when it stormed when I was little.. I come back to reality, "Ryan! Ryan! Are you ok?" I look up,"Yeah sorry just thinking about when I was little and how I would listen to the thunder outside." "Yeah..I know what you mean." We sat there in silence, as one by one the other showed back up. "Guys we need to get back inside the tent, before that storm gets here." Jack stated. "yeah" we all agreed. James said he was goin to cook some of the fish real fast before coming inside the tent with the rest of us. 

As it started raining we all huddled together in the far back. I had Sly in my arms, holding her so she wouldn't put wieght on her foot. Then I heard a scream for help. I looked at the others. They heard it too.. "HELP! HELP ME! SOMEBODY!" a girl's voice. James ran out the tent, as Jack followed. I set Sly down and set her foot up and ran out behind them. There floating towards the island was a girl who looked about our age, She was hanging onto what looked like a part of a ship, screaming for help. I grabbed what was left of the parachute straps and tied it around mine and James' wastes. Jack gripped hold of it and stood on the beach, keep us tied to shore since he was the strongest.  We swam out to the girl, she grabbed hold of us and held on tight we managed to swim back to shore, with Jack pulling, the rain pelted our faces and the lightning flashed above us. We ran back to the tent, carrying the girl inside, where she passed out....

_________________________________________________________________________________

Haha I added another character, but will she be any help or only make matters worse? Keep reading to find out :P