Chapter 2) Basic Needs

Hey thanks to everyone's who's read my story so far, I know its been boring to begin with, but it'll get better hopefully. Tell me what you think and enjoy.

---Chapter 2) Basic Needs---

I hear seagulls and feel the cool water rolling over my feet. As I open my eyes the white sand almost blinds me. When my eyes finally adjust, I look around. No one else is awake yet, so i start to wake them up. As usual Sly was the hardest to wake, "Sly...hey wake up.." I gently shake her. She lets a groan and pushes me away. "Alright, have it your way then." I pick her up over my shoulder and start heading into the ocean. As she wakes up she starts hitting me in the back screaming, " Put me Down! Now Ryan! Dam it put me DOWN!" "okay, whatever you say", I say with a smirk, and I drop her into the water. "I'm going to kill you!" She starts chasing me back to the beach. I turn around at the last minute and catch her into a bear hug. Everyone starts laughing as her face goes from anger to amusement, and she blushes. 

We all start heading toward the shade at the edge of the jungle, where it meets the sand. After a few minutes of sitting there, Jack speaks up "Ok first things first, how are we going to survive?" Pony speaks up, "well the three basic human needs are food, water, and shelter, so we need to focus on those first." Jack: "Okay, so we need to split up into groups, Pony and James ya'll start trying to find fresh water. Jane, Josh, and Megs you guys go look for some food, don't get it unless you know for sure we can eat it. Me, Shelly, and Ryan will start on the shelter." We all head out on our assigned tasks. While sly starts trying to build a fire, me and Jack start tearing limbs down off the trees. We used the ropes off the parachutes to tie the palm fronds together and we stretched a piece between two trees to make lean the fronds up against, almost like a tent. After we were finished, Jack went to go help Pony and James. I sat at the entrance of the tent, watching sly try to build a fire. She looked cute with her blonde hair tucked in behind her ear on one side while the rest hung down beside her face as she worked. My eyes travel down her body, the light blue shirt she was wearing hugged her tight showing off her hot body, and the tight skinny jeans she wore made her ass look great too. As my eyes travel back up to her face, She's staring at me, her facial expression says she's pissed, but her eyes sparkle as if she's laughing. "I..uh..was just..." I start, but she cuts me off, "It doesn't matter, but hey can you help me? I can't get the fire going." "Sure thing." I get up and walk over and sit down next to her. She hands me the sticks, as i reach out to take them i touch her hand, she drops the sticks and hurries to pick them up, and hands them to me this time making sure not to touch my hand. I start rubbing the sticks tied together on the flat piece covered in dry grass from the sand dunes. After a little bit there's a spark and sly leans down and gently blows on the spark making smoke, and eventually a fire starts. We quickly add more grass and some small sticks. After we get the fire going we sit back and wait for the others. I look down and see my hand is only a few inches from hers. I look at her and she's looking out at the waves crashing on the shore. I gently take her hand, she looks at me, and smiles. I smile back and start to lean toward her, she leans towards me. We get closer and closer, right as we're about to kiss, that dumb f*ck Josh comes running up. "Hey guys what's up" ,as he sits down in between us. He lays the fruit he was carrying down in front of him, and hands a sly something that looked like banana but it was smaller and light green color. She takes a bite of it, making a face, but eats it anyway. I look at all the fruit and I see different colors of pink, orange, yellow, green, and purples. I grab a green fruit with what looked like tiny spikes on it. I peeled the skin and take a bite. It tastes like a pear but sweeter. Then I remember, "Josh where's Jane and Megs at?" "Oh, they're coming they were just picking a few more." 

That's when we heard a scream coming from the jungle. "Oh my God! Help!" We all jump up and start running off toward the screams. When we get there, we see...

_________________________________________________________________________

Well, hope ya'll liked chapter 2, and a special thanks to one of my friends who gave me the idea of how to make the fire, and she also encouraged me to write more. So Thanks Megs :P lol