Chapter 10) Is There Still Hope?

Alright so here's the new chapter I write from what's in my head at the time, like i don't preplan it...so if it sucks..sorry. Anyway, hope you like it so far, dont forget to vote/comment =]

__________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 10) Is There Still Hope?

The bright rays from the sun shone through the small gaps of the tent, waking me up. I groaned as I stretched my stiff muscles. I quickly looked around the tent and noticed everyone was asleep, except Jack and Phill, who I figured must still be outside. I looked down at Sly, her face etched in dry tear stains, her eyes still puffy and red. I sighed as I quietly exited the tent. 

I saw Jack laying with Phill in his arms, he was passed out, but Phill, somehow, had managed to stay awake. 

"Hey Phill"

"Hey"

"So no sleep last night?"

"No, I almost passed out once, but Jack kept me up, he just fell asleep a few minutes ago. Took me forever to convince him to."

"Ya, sounds like him. But hey, I'm bout go looking for some food, you wanna come? Might help you stay awake."

"Yeah, sure, sounds good."

We walked into the woods, not daring to go much farther than we needed, because the memory of Josh was still fresh on our minds. We found some more of the sweet pink fruits, some oranges, and some more bananas. We treked our way back to camp. Most everyone was awake by the time we got back. I walked over to Sly and sat down beside her. She had her foot propped up on the makeshift stool we had made her, but she still tried to lay her head on my chest. She whispered in my ear.

"Ry, thank you for telling me the truth. Pony told me how worried you were about how I would take it. So just thank you."

"I'm sorry babe, I know he was your friend. You gonna be ok?"

"I..I..I think so..."

"Ok, just remember I'm here for you, no matter what."

"I know Ry, I.."

"Hey guys, you gonna sit and talk all day or you gonna help us get supplies?"

I cursed James at that moment. 

"We'll talk later okay?" I asked Sly.

"Yeah.."

"Ok James, I'm coming." I kissed Sly quickly and got up. She smiled up at me and then turned to talk to Pony and Meg. James went off to try and catch some fish for lunch later, we let Jack sleep, since he had stayed up all night with Phill. Jane said it was safe now for Phill to sleep, so she went in to sleep with Jack. While I, got stuck with trying to find some driftwood big enough to make a raft out of. I didn't think a raft would hold against the currents surrounding this island, but what do I know? 

As I started downt he side of the beach, My mind wandered back to the crash, Josh's death, Sly, and wondering if we were ever going to be rescued off this God forsaken island.

__________________________________________________________________________________

So what did you guys think? Was it good? Was it Bad? Let me know your thoughts. Hope you liked it, and don't forget to comment/vote =]