Chapter 11

Cora's POV

(A week later, the night before Harper's wedding)

"Hello?" I say answering my phone without looking at the caller ID.

"Ms. Davis?" Asks a mans voice.

"Yes, this is Cora speaking." I say.

I was a little preoccupied adjusting my maid of honor dress. I've lost a little weight over the last week. Not intentionally, I just haven't had my usual appetite lately.

"Ms. Davis, this is Randy, Mr. Velez personal secretary. I'm calling on his behalf to inform you, you got the job. Mr. Velez absolutely loves your work and wants to know when can you start?"

"Oh wow. I really got the job?" I ask a little bit in disbelief. The dress now completely forgotten.

"Yes Ms. Davis you really did. So when can you start?" He reassures with laugh.

"That's amazing! Oh my God thank you sir! Well I'm going to be in a wedding tomorrow, I'm the maid of honor but I can come down as soon as the next day!" I rush out. I hope I didn't lose the opportunity to work for them because of the wedding. This was huge!

"Oh that's right, Mr. Velez said you'd have to move here if you got the job. I almost forgot." He says with yet another chuckle. "An apartment has been set-up for you already, furnished and everything. The first month has also already been paid though the rest of the months and years will be up to you to pay. I can arrange a flight for you for Sunday night as well. On the company, of course." He tells me.

"Could you make that Saturday night instead, please?" I ask him politely. The sooner I got out of here the better.

"Of course. You won't be missing the wedding reception then?" He asks me.

"Oh no, I won't be missing it sir." I didn't necessarily lie. It just depends on the time of my flight.

"Good, good. And please call me Randy." He says kindly.

"Thank you Randy. Have a good day." I say a little bewildered. I can't believe this was happening.

"Thank you Cora, same to you. Goodbye." He says and hangs up the phone.

Did that really just happen? I've been waiting for that phone call almost all week. When I had gotten home from Harper's I went to sleep for a couple of hours then started making phone calls when I got up.

Mr. Velez runs a huge designers company. Ranging from wedding dresses to runway show dresses. I of course wanted to work for one of his wedding dress companies. I did an interview over zoom with him seeing as I was here and he was all the way in San Antonio.

I sent him some sketches of my designs and some pictures of a lot of my finished work. Also a copy of my high school diploma and my college degree. Granted it wasn't a pristine college but I stayed hopeful anyways.

Feeling extremely excited and full of energy I quickly finished my dress. I was only gonna pack necessities to take with me to San Antonio so that wouldn't take long. When I finished that I had two duffle bags and a carry on bag for the plane ride.

I already talked to Harold and Marcy before hand. She decided she was going to sell her shop and said it was a good thing I was already looking for a new job. I was gonna miss working for her though, she was a nice lady.

The only people I had to tell now was my family and friends. I'd wait for after the wedding though. I didn't want to take away from Harper's big day/night.

I haven't talked to Marcellus and I won't either. He's been trying to talk to me all week. Calling because my sister gave him my number and even showing up at my apartment. He would try to talk to me through the door but would give up after awhile when I wouldn't answer or talk to him back.

The Vampire's BrideOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara