Chapter 27

"Ahhh. Here she is." Ash says walking over to me. I had paused after walking through the doors. Captivated by the grand room. Tearing my glaze away from a very alluring statue I walk forward to meet Ash halfway.

I give him a sweet smile. He looked so sexy in his tight black tshirt and black jeans. I lift up onto my tiptoes to kiss him lightly on the lips when we finally meet in the middle. He cups my face and kisses me back. Possessively. I had to bite back my moan.

Feeling a little dazed when he finally pulls back. I grab his hand lacing our fingers together and he leads me over to the six scariest looking vampires I've ever seen.

"Elders." He bows his head after she addresses them. "May I introduce to you my bride? Cora this is Mare, Zeke, Shane, Apollo, Zylar, and Zack. Elders this is Cora, my bride."

He sounds so proud everytime he introduces me as his bride. My heart warms and I'm a puddle at his feet. No ones ever been that proud to claim me before.

I courtesy to the elders. Keeping my glaze lowered out of respect but also fear too. They were scary. Two of them more so than the others. They were all attractive too but not in a sexual way. They had an other worldly beauty.

"It is true. You are his bride?" One of the scarier ones hisses. Shame or Shane I think his name is. I flinch slightly at the power in his tone. Not wanting to seem weak in front of them I straighten my spin and stand taller.

"Yes. I am his and he is mine." I say confidently and a bit possessively.

Ash pulls me in closer to his side. He wraps a possessive yet comforting arm around my waist. I've known him what a day now? And I was already fallen at his feet. I was in love with this vampire more than I thought was possible. That scared me more than the vampires in front of me.

"Hmm. We'd like to hear your story. We want to try to understand how it is possible you've become a vampire when no other female has been able to turn for a millennium." The vampire who talked this time wasn't as scary. He had a very strong Greek accent though. I almost couldn't understand him. I'm pretty certain his name is Apollo.

As I start to tell them about my kidnapping the elder who's name is Zeke stops me. "No, love. Start from the beginning. Who you are born to and go from there."

So I started from there. They kept interrupting me every now and again and it was kind of annoying. The more I talked to them the more they became less scary.

"So you were born of two werewolves yet you did not have the werewolf gene?"

"That's right." I agree nodding my head.

"Hmm. Maybe that is it."

"What is it?"

"It is female beings who are born dormant. Werewolves born without the gene. I wonder if a witch born without magic could be turned as well. And so forth."

They were now talking amongst themselves. Completely ignoring Ash and I unless they needed clarification on something. Why they thought I would know anything was beyond me. I didn't know shit about shit. I was just learning about vampires myself.

"Do you think that is it, my sweet?" I was pulled out of my own thoughts by the question. I focused on the vampire who asked me.

Zeke is his name. He was one of the scarier vamps. He was otherworldly beautiful too like the rest of them.

Ash must of sensed something that I didn't because he shifted me to the front of him. He wrapped one arm around my waist and the other just under my breasts. I relaxed into his chest as he rested his chin on top of my head.