36

zach's uber had turned around taking him back to the winter's household. he paid the driver and apologized for just having him come back to where he started. zach knocked on the door to see a very worried daniel seavey in front of him.

"you have no idea how much i want to punch you right now" daniel told the boy who started to get scared. "don't worry i'm not gonna, sloane needs you like right now and i don't have time to beat you"

"why what's wrong? usually you would've punched me and then taken me to sloane why is this different?" zach asked as he stepped into the house being rushed upstairs by daniel.

"she's having a panic attack and you're the only one who knows how to calm her down apparently" daniel told the younger boy.

the second daniel said that zach's eyes went wide and he sprinted up the stairs to sloane's bedroom to see jack sitting with her with some water and was trying to talk to her.

"hey sloane it's alright, just breathe with me okay, take deep slow breaths" jack told her. sloane tried but couldn't get any air in.

"here jack let me try" zach said calmly. jack nodded and left sloane and zach in the room alone. when jack left zach engulfed sloane into a hug and rubbed her back.

"it's okay, i'm here, everything's fine" zach said quietly to her. "remember that time we went to chipotle and i cried because they got my order wrong"

sloane started to laugh at the memory. "you are so d-dramatic, th-they replaced it and you still cried" she stammered.

zach chuckled, "i was having a long day and them messing up my order really took a toll on me, i just had to breakdown"

sloane laughed and rolled her eyes jokingly. her breathing soon started to slow down and started to feel better so zach released from the hug and looked at her sympathetically.

"i'm sorry for what i said i didn't mean it. i don't know why i've been acting like a literally dick lately but i promise you i will do better" zach said grabbing her hand.

sloane gave him a small smile. "i'm sorry also, i should've told you about issak sooner and i'm sorry for hurting you"

"i hurt you first though, and badly so no more apologies okay, let's both just start fresh" zach said when he got an idea. he got off the bed, walked outside her room and closed the door to see everyone standing outside of it.

"she's fine don't worry, i got it" he informed them as everyone sighed a sigh of relief. "but we're working on our relationship so go" they all then walked away, except for daniel.

"so she's fine right?" daniel asked. zach nodded with a content smile. "good good" daniel said and then punched zach right in the arm.

"ow dude what the fuck!" zach cried rubbing his arm that was definitely going to have a bruise tomorrow.

"i told you i wanted to punch you but didn't have time, i had time now" daniel said patting his back and walking away.

zach shook his head and got back to his original plan. he walked in sloane's room who was staring at the door concerned.

"are you okay i heard what sounded like crying and it sounded like your crying so-"

"hi i'm zach herron it's nice to meet you" he interrupted the girl holding his hand out for her to shake.

she looked at him confused. "um what are you doing?" she asked.

"i told you, we should start fresh. we both got busy and are relationship was lost along the way. the best way to salvage it is by trying again. so that's what we're doing" zach explained to her. "so hi i'm zach herron from Why Don't We, and you are?"

sloane smiled. "i'm sloane winters, it's very nice to meet you zach" sloane then shook his hand and they both started laughing, but happy where this was going and what it could mean for them.

yay i missed their happy chapters 🥺
bye loves <3