Simple Conversation.

Realising what I've just done, I opened the door again and he was still standing there. This man was gorgeous and he was smiling at me, and he is my new neighbour!

"I'm sorry for doing that, that was super rude of me I normally don't act like that. Oh god, you probably think I am a weirdo and I'm just making it worse by rambling off and not getting to the point which I will right now. Hi, I'm Robyn," I stretched out my hand for his and he just looked at me amused bringing his hand to shake mine.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get that because you said it all so fast. What's your name again bunny?" He's obviously not from here, he has an accent but I can't pin it anywhere, 'Canadian', oh so that's where he is from.

"Bunny?" He only smiled and cocked his head to the side still holding my small hand in his huge hand that felt rough but nice to hold, "Robyn, I know it's a name that's normally given to boys but-"

"I like it," he said looking into my eyes, "Well I'm Ezekiel and I live right in front of you."

"Please come in for a cup of tea, I feel really bad for slamming the door right in your face."

He shook his head and I shook mine too, "Please I insist."

"Alright then, but I must warn you I'm not really fond of tea," he said closing my door and following me into the kitchen.

Did I seriously just invite a man I don't know into my house just because I was rude and would love to compensate for it? Nice!

"Uhm, so what do you drink?" I asked out of genuine interest and he looked at me with bright blue eyes. I'll pretend as if I never noticed him checking me out by the door, especially my legs.

"Alcohol," he said so casually and I put my hands on my hips.

"I'm sorry, I don't have alcohol purely for the reason that I don't drink and I don't smoke as well. So you're going to have to settle with tea," I said turning my back to him, my hand reaching for the second mug far away. I normally don't have any visitors.

"Let me help you with that," I moved away and let him grab the mug from the cabinet that I couldn't reach and excuse me, he had a great ass! My eyes were fixed on it and his back as he effortlessly stretched his hand.

"Thank you," I muttered as he handed me the mug. I pour in the contents for our tea I looked at him from the corner of my eye, "Sugar?"

"No," okay then, honey it is! Passing him his mug, I sat on the other side of the island looking at him. "So where are you from?"

"Canada."

"I'm sorry, that was dumb of me," I muttered shaking my head, "Why did you move here?"

"Work," he answered sipping his tea and his face was emotionless. "Why don't you drink?"

"Uhh, I stopped three years ago after I- never mind, what kind of work do you do?" I asked him trying to change the topic into something less personal.

"I work from home sometimes," well that's not really answering the question but I guess I can deal with it. "And you?"

"I work with kids, love them to bits!" I expressed with a smile thinking of how much fun I had today with them. "It's a very quiet building," I told him as I finished drinking my tea.

"I thought everybody was just hiding," he said and I giggled at his sarcasm but nodded.

"How is your tea?"

"Drinkable, still not my favourite," he shrugged downing the rest of his drink.

"Well, I guess if you will be making more trips here then maybe you will get used to drinking it," I took his mug and washed it. "I hope this is an okay enough apology?"

"Maybe another conversation will suffice?"

"I don't see you as someone who likes to talk," I pointed out and he nodded.

"I don't, but I guess I could make an exception with you."

"So what would you like to know?" I motioned for him to sit on the couch opposite mine.

"Are you married?" Oh no, why would he go ahead and ask about my dick worth ex-husband Bellamy, who by the way I still talk to and we are fighting over a lot of things and to make it worse, we're not together anymore!

He refuses for me to get my own house far away from the city he lives in, it took me ages to convince him I was eligible for work and I would be fine by myself, one other thing we fight over is how he keeps on transferring his money into my account when I have told him not to, but it's not like he ever listens to me.

"Divorced."

"Kids?"

"None," I answered ignoring the pang in my heart.

"Age?"

"Twenty-four, female, black, both parents are still alive, I have three brothers, I am the last born but least favourite, do you want to know more?"

"I was going to ask what your favourite movie is," he said with a smirk playing on his lips and I laughed.

"I don't really know, but I would say 'Secrets In Their Eyes'."

"Thriller and Mystery?"

"It excites me," I smiled and he sized me up and down with his eyes. "What about you?"

"Never been married, have no kids, I am twenty-nine, I'm not close with my family either, I am an ex-mercenary and my favourite movie is Cinderella," he said and I nodded my head slowly.

"That explains the muscles, hair and tattoos."

"The mercenary part?"

"No, Cinderella," I said and he chuckled clapping his hands.

"Good one bunny."

"Why bunny?"

"You're cute."

"I'm bruised," I held my chest shaking my head.

"That easily?"

"Would you like to be called adorable?"

"Honestly it depends," he shrugged a shoulder and I cocked my head to the side.

"On what?"

"Who calls me that," he said and I bit my lip.

"Yeah, I still don't like it."

"I should get going, you have work tomorrow," he got up and I got up too.

"Yeah, thank you for the company."

"Thank you for the apology and warm welcome," he grinned looking down at me and I laughed.

"You just couldn't resist could you?" I opened the door for him and held it until he walked out, "Pst!" I called for him as he opened his apartment door.

"Yeah?" his bright blue eyes held an interest in what I was about to say next.

"You have a nice butt!" I slammed my door closed and went to bed with a smile on my face, all from just a simple conversation.

FB: Fulu's Library

Edited by Nolo M.c.P