20

In which the only person Beam wants is Forth, no matter what.

Second Year, Second Semester

Beam stared at his screen. Forth's text that came just a minute ago was displayed on the phone screen.

From Forth:
Sorry, the third hazing team called for a meeting with the second year's team. I'm going to be late. Eat first, okay?

Kit who got ignored by the taller friend took a peek at the phone and immediately sighed. Beam was probably feeling down again. Forth had been very busy these days, he either needed to skip the lunch with Beam or came right about ten minutes before the lunch ended.

"Aw, come on. He's being busy because the seniors want him to be the next head hazer na," Kit tried to comfort his best friend. Beam just put his phone on the table they were sitting at and sighed shortly.

Phana was away, he decided to drive Wayo out for lunch. So there was only him and Kit. The guy said he was free to keep Beam accompany until Forth come, but Beam personally thought that the shorter was also waiting for a certain Campus Moon named Mingkwan.

"He would be even busier next semester." Beam commented, sadly. Kit opened his mouth, but nothing came out of his pink lips. They knew it was the truth.

Forth, becoming a head hazer next semester would only mean one thing: lesser time for Beam. Kit then opened his lips again. "But I am sure he would make time just for you, Beam."

And Beam did not rebut. He was aware that it was possible to happen. High possibility, knowing how Forth was most likely to be attached to him. Well, even if the tanned guy would not, Beam Baramee himself would go to the hazing activities with or without Forth's permission. He was still one of the medical committees for such a program for two years straight. He would totally join again next semester just to see Forth if he sees the need.

"See, you also think I am right." Kit said when he finally realized that Beam was not going to fight him.

Beam sighed lightly. "But I don't want to be a burden to him."

Kit frowned at the statement.

"What burden?" Kit asked. Beam bit his lower lip. "He's busy as he is. He'll be busier later. Shouldn't he spend his time resting?"

Beam looked elsewhere when Kit looked at him unamused. "And you're telling me that Forth Jaturaphoom needs his rest more than spending time with his boyfriend? Are you kidding me, Beam?"

Beam shrugged. He still thought that way. Forth would be too tired after such programs, so he should rest. And rest would only lessen his time with Beam. And Beam was upset about it. Did it mean that Beam would be happy if the tanned guy skipped his rest time and be with him instead?

No, Beam would feel guilty about it. And upset.

But Beam Baramee wanted Forth Jaturaphoom close to him.

"Did you talk about this with Forth?" Kit asked, crossing his arms to his chest. He started to wonder why Phana was not with them.

The taller was better at handling overthinking Beam that Kit would ever be. Kit was a straightforward snappy kind of friend. He was used to snapping his best friends into reality when they are into their heads. But what Beam was this time was overthinking and sad, Phana would be the best to handle this type of situation.

Beam shook his head in silence. Kit sighed slightly. "You should talk to him about this, Beam. You know Forth does not understand hints."

"But he is tired nowadays, he doesn't even have much time for meals. I don't want to disturb him anymore." Beam squeaked softly.