23

Present Time

Beam was waiting at their dining table. Forth was yet to come out from their shared bedroom for the past an hour. Beam sighed as he eyed their breakfast which was getting cold.

"Forth! Are you not done yet?" Beam asked, stretching his head to peek into the bedroom to the slightly opened door.

"Five minutes!" Forth yelled back, a little bit muffled for some reason. Beam shook his head upon hearing that.

They were getting ready to go to Mew's office, the oldest child of Jamornhum made a call and clearly warned the couple to not forget about it. As if Beam would forget it. It was more believable if Forth was the one who forgot about it; or pretend like it was forgotten.

Beam was not sure what exactly the reason for his boyfriend's reluctant to work in his family's company. If Beam's family had a hospital, he would gladly work there. At least it would be easier for him to take a leave if there was any emergency. Working at a hospital as a normal pediatrician sure would leave his schedule packed more than not.

Beam kind of missed the time where he actually had time to walk around, do food hunting and go on a vacation. So he did not understand why a Forth Jaturaphoom would be so adamant on working at some other company than his family's. The tanned guy was the favourite brother of the company's CEO!

"Does this look okay na, Beam?" Forth came out, pulling his tie tighter around the collar. Beam broke out of his reverie and looked at Forth.

"You look good every day." Beam assured. "Now, let's eat. I don't want you to starve at the office."

Forth sighed heavily. "Do I really need to go there? Can we just pretend that we forgot?"

Beam looked like he was unimpressed. "You know how your brother is. It's either we go or he comes."

Forth blinked. He knew it was the truth. He then finally complied and ate his portion of breakfast. Beam was amused at how Forth was so unwillingly eating his breakfast that morning.

"Oh, come on. Jaturaphoom I know would be happy eating the breakfast I prepared with so much love." Beam said, trying to cheer up the tanned guy. He succeeded, kind of, when Forth looked up and smiled slightly.

Then the latter sighed. "I really don't like working with P'Mew." He grumbled.

"Why? I'm pretty sure he's nice." Beam asked curiously.

Forth huffed again. "P'Mew is nice. But I don't like the attentions that will be given to me just because I am one of the Jamornhum."

Beam blinked. "And that was also the reason why you insisted to work in another company on your own?" Forth just nodded and shoved another bite of his breakfast.

Beam hummed for a second, trying to think of something just so that this guy across from him would feel better about working there. "How about this? Since your brother would like you to work with him, set an agreement with him."

Forth looked at him with curiousity in his eyes. "Agreement?"

Beam nodded. "Like the one you did during your resume thing? You did not disclose your full name to the previous company, did you?"

Forth blinked. He stayed silent for a few seconds before nodding.

"There you go." Beam said, grinning as he mentally patted his head when he noticed Forth's eyes glinting in interest.

"Thanks for the idea, Beam." Forth thanked him as he returned to his breakfast, eating it with a little bit of joy this time. Beam just replied with a short 'no big deal'.