9

In which knowing that they are still loving each other is certainly enough for Beam.

Present time

Forth just fell asleep just like that. Curled up, tears stained cheeks and in Beam's arms. As much as Beam wanted to ask what happened, he could not forgive himself for not noticing earlier than he did.

Forth was indeed acting weird that morning. They were so used to have fights these days, and never did Forth ever let them go to sleep in anger. Never.

But they did. Last night.

Beam sighed. He should really notice it that morning. Forth was too quiet, and Beam was too angry to even notice.

He, Beam Baramee, failed.

“I'm sorry na,” Beam whispered softly, though he knew Forth would never hear him. He continued, “I was supposed to comfort you like you always did to me...”

Beam pulled Forth closer, if that was even possible when Forth's shoulder was already pressing against Beam's chest.

“I'm really sorry,” Beam apologized once again, pressing his forehead against the side of Forth's head.

“Urgh, Beam...” Forth groaned in his sleep, moving unconsciously to hug Beam's waist. His face was buried against Beam's chest.

“Don't leave me na,” Forth muttered softly, though Beam was sure the guy was talking in his sleep because of how muffled it sounded.

Beam circled his palms on Forth's back comfortingly. “I won't. I promise, I won't.”

Beam teared up again. As if he could feel the pain Forth felt when he left him this morning.

“I'm sorry, Forth.” Beam apologized for the nth time. His voice wavering as the tears fell against his cheeks onto the top of Forth's hair, blending in with the dark brown locks.

The pale guy did not know for how long they stayed like that, but by the time Forth woke up, his limbs already fell asleep. It was probably around afternoon by then.

Forth groaned and sat up straight, his limbs must be sore from their previous positions. Despite the headache that came rushing in, Forth could tell Beam was watching all of his moves. As if he was concerned about Forth's well being.

Forth nearly wanted to snicker at his foolish thoughts. Beam believed he was like a big truck, heck Forth himself thought he was one. Strong enough to hit a brick wall and still managed to survive unscathed.

Well, until one day life decided to show him that he was nowhere like a big truck he expected himself to be. And damn, the blow was hard.

Forth sighed unconsciously, making the guy who was staring at him, looked at him worriedly.

“Are you okay? Anything hurts?” Beam asked, worry filled his eyes.

Forth wanted to tell him that everything hurt. But he decided not to and found himself trying to get up.

Beam was quick to his feet and helped him up. Forth sat on the edge of the bed, pulling his arms weakly from Beam's hold.

Beam awkwardly stood there, he looked like he was taken aback from Forth's action but said nothing. Forth kind of wanted the pale guy to say something.

The room was too quiet, Forth could hear that voices again.

Beam, as if he heard that, continued to ask further, “Do you need anything, Forth?”

“Water? Food? I can cook. Oh, you must haven't eaten anything, right? I will make you something to eat. Wait, what do you want to eat? But maybe you need to eat something soft first–” Beam rapidly blabbered more.