4. How worst it can get?

Taehyung's morning started with the loud noises banging his ears, coming down from the hallway. He woke up getting irked and went downstairs to analyze what was happening.

The sight of his Mom and Dad hits him who were having a heated argument, mouths spatting right at each other's face.

"Enough!"

"Both of you shut up now!" He yelled out of distress as the tension in the air thickened. The formers both fell silent, staring at him in surprise.

Taehyung left for the college, slamming the main door with a 'bang' that clearly showed how frustrated he was as his morning got ruined because of them...once again. He didn't even eat breakfast. 

His mood was already off. He hadn't covered much distance when he stopped in his tracks as something reminded him.

"Oh shit! Did I pick up the Pen drive?" His tone was barely audible as he mumbled to himself, his hands engaged in rummaging his bag. 

"Thank God! I took it." He heaved a deep sigh. 

Everything happened in a blur of moments and before he could process anything, someone came sprinting and accidentally bumped into him, causing him to jerk off and the Pen drive that contained his Maths assignment flipped out of his palm. His failed attempt of flailing his hands couldn't help and the device drifted right into the river below as he hovered over the railing in disbelief.

The person who committed the mistake didn't even apologize. Taehyung shouted at him but to no avail because he had hitherto unseen from his vision. 

Unfortunately, the first lecture was of the same subject that he wanted to avoid the most...Maths. The professor called out everyone's roll numbers one by one for submitting the assignment.

After hardly five minutes which felt a lot more shorter, Taehyung's turn came. He explained the whole incident to his professor. 

"What are you talking about? I'm sure you haven't completed it on time that's why you are making excuses now. They're not gonna work on me this time!"

Taehyung again tried to illustrate to him that how much it took him to finish that after the effort of a whole freakin' month. But as if Taehyung's words weren't deciphering in the latter's mind, he totally refused to believe him and deducted his marks without even listening to his concern further. Instead, he told him that he could only get his marks back when he would do it all again and submits the assignment by tomorrow morning only. 

Taehyung just felt blue in the face. Getting infuriated, he moved to his seat and smashed the book in his hand on the desk with a 'thump'.

"What happened? Why are you looking so down today?" Jungkook asked as worry was laced in his voice. 

"Nothing! I-I... just don't want to talk about anything right now!" He replied with a colorless shine on his face which was usually smiling and brightened up. 

"Alright hyung," Jungkook put his hand on the former's shoulder in assurance, understanding the seriousness of the situation. 

Nothing normal resulted till then. 

The heavens planned to pour heavily, of course when he forgot to bring his umbrella. He halted in his steps and looked back over his shoulder when a recognizable voice was heard in his ears.

"Taehyung!"

"Why aren't you listening? I've been calling you for so long." Moon's breath hitched in her throat as she had basically rush all over.

"And why didn't you come to Cafetaria today? Why aren't you picking up my calls? Where were you the whole day? and what happened in the maths class? Jungkook told me about it." She flooded him with all the questions— ironic for someone who was all huffing-puffing just a few seconds ago.