25. Melancholy

"Jungkook!!"

All eight screamed together when the avalanche forced its way down the mountain, crushing everything in its path and before their minds could process anything, it drifted Jungkook away.

His eyes gleamed steel grey as he tried to use his strength to hold onto anything that came in his way, clinging to the sides to stop himself from getting swept away. But it was too late as, within the blink of an eye, Jungkook fell off the cliff.

"Holy shit!"

In no time, the others ran there and peeped below, into the infinite depth.

There was Jungkook, hanging barely from a piece of rock, struggling for the perfect grip.

"Jungkook-ah! Pass me your hand." Jin laid down on his belly as he tried to reach out for him but couldn't be able to do so as the distance was as far as about three meters.

"Darn it!" Jungkook's grip was so tight that his knuckles were turning numb due to the weight of his own body. The blood flowed out as his right arm was brushing against the sharp stone which used to be snowy white but now stained scarlet red. He was exhausted as he used every ounce of strength left in him.

"This will not do." Namjoon flew down to Jungkook's height.

First, he endeavored to pull him up by grabbing his torso but the idea was turning against Jungkook as he glided downwards even more.

Soon Namjoon's irises changed to a shade of emerald as he moves his fingers in a circular manner, the green beams emitting from them as he began to defy the gravity to pull Jungkook's body up.

Just when it seemed like everything will going to be fine as Jungkook was finally progressing a little, at that very moment, his own power of super strength betrayed him because the piece of rock which was his only source of hope broke apart and his hands gave in, taking him into the bottomless void space.

"Those powers have their own advantages or disadvantages which you have to figure out by yourself."

He suddenly reminded of those words which at last came true.

"NO!"

He sensed his neck muscles straining as his head arched back in the path of a downward parabola. His faded eyeballs were now open all the way like someone was prying his eyelids apart. In the midst of this, he could feel his elbow slammed into a sharp corner, making him shriek in agony. His chest tightening, breath speeding as he managed to force his eyes shut, bracing for impact.

He was powerless versus gravity; falling. The adrenaline rushing through his veins and the wind lashing at him, messing up his hair, fluttering his t-shirt. He attempted to contort his body to a position where he could turn his head to see what was beneath him - or if there was anything beneath him. 

The realization had dawned. He could feel nothing under him. Even the air was nowhere. All he could see was his hands flapping desperately by his side like two noodles he had no control of.

He had seen in the movies that how they said that your entire life flashes before your eyes while you're dying. He used to think that was all bullshit, how one can just think of his memories at that moment, instead of thinking about how to survive.

That accident made him believe that it actually happens when he was experiencing exactly the same thing by himself as all the memories of his life did flash before his teary eyes.

"Dad! I want to go to Achasan Mountain." The young Jungkook insisted pulling the hem of his dad's shirt.

"No my son, it's not safe for you, you're just 5 years old now." His dad explained, squatting to the level of his son's height.