Chapter 21 - A New Beginning

Previously:
- it was now the night of the dance and the class has already entered the gym
- (Y/N) was thinking about her feelings for Newt

Chapter 21 - A New Beginning

L is for the way you look at me

Before they knew it, the music has already started and they started to dance. The dance started with the boys and the girls in separate sides of the room, their backs facing each other. Then when the music starts, the boys would go over to the ôter side and get the girl's hand.

(Y/N) loved that part. There was that small excitement as she waited for Newt to grab her hand and pull her close to him. The butterflies in her stomach never fail to show up the moment Newt's hand takes hers.

O is for the only one I see

V is very very extraordinary

E is even more than anyone that you adore...

The ideal position of their heads for foxtrot was that it would never face their partners. However, everyone had a hard time with it and Coach Janson let it slide when they told him. So now, (Y/N) was staring up at Newt's face. He'd look at her from time to time, but his focus was more on his feet.

The grip he had on her hand and her waist was obvious enough to know he was nervous. She found it endearing. She knew dancing in public isn't exactly a big fear of his, but still anyone who had a lot of eyes on them would still be scared and anxious. Still, he was here. He was with her.

And love is all that I can give to you

Love is more than just a game for two

Just like earlier, she felt as if it was just her and Newt in the room. Every moment that passed felt like it was a million years and a second at the same time. 

I'm to far in the gone, she smiled to herself.

Whatever Newt did, she always found them endearing and cute. He was just a very beautiful person that she was surprised to have had the pleasure of knowing. This entire project felt like a dream. It was like it came out of a book or a movie.

What were the odds of her crush being the one who's going to ask her to be his partner for the dance? Giving them a lot of time together. And when she thought the dream or fairytale finally ended, he came back to her. He wasn't forced to do any of these things, that added to the reasons why she couldn't sleep at night.

Two in love can make it

Take my heart but please don't break it

Love was made for me and you

As the dance progressed and they were already in the instrumental part of the song, Newt was more comfortable. The grip he had on her softened a little. He wasn't also looking at his feet anymore but at her.

Normally, (Y/N) would've blushed and looked away, trying not to finally give her secret away to the only boy who didn't know about it. However, she didn't look away. But her composure couldn't stay forever because when she thought she could finally stand on her own two feet, Newt always found ways to knock her down.