Chapter 8 - Elizabeth "Sonya" Whitman

Previously:
- Sonya saw Newt and (Y/N) in the middle of their practice
- they were holding hands
- she started to tease her brother about him and (Y/N)
- Newt says that (Y/N)'s just a friend

Chapter 8 - Elizabeth "Sonya" Whitman

Newt and his family were having dinner that night together. Since their separate schedules were a bit full at times, they made a tradition where every Friday they'd eat dinner together since they can't always do it.

"So how is that dance doing Newt?" His mother asked.

When he shared the news of him dancing for school the previous week, his mother was so excited while his father and Sonya looked like they were planning something mischievous. His mother, Mrs. Whitman, was so supportive and always asked him what she could do to help him. She was already trying to find a tux that he could wear from his father's old clothes. She even suggested he wear the tux that his father wore on their wedding day.

"It's good. My partner and I have practice tomorrow again, is that alright?"

"In the same studio?" His father asked.

"Yeah."

"You know," Sonya drawled, "I saw Newt holding hands with his partner earlier."

"Is that so?" His father said.

"Come off it," Mrs. Whitman said to her husband. "Of course they're holding hands, they're dancing."

"That's the thing, they weren't dancing." His parents gasped dramatically. Newt rolled his eyes. "They were just standing there talking!"

"We were just taking a break."

"So you still hold her hand even when you're taking a break from dancing?"

"There's nothing wrong with that!"

"Of course there isn't darling," his mother said.

"So," his father spoke, "is she the one?"

"Please stop," Newt begged.

"We want to see her. Invite her to dinner next week. Her name is what again?"

"(Y/N)," his mother replied.

"Stop!" The room was quiet. "(Y/N) and I are just friends."

Sonya wanted to comment something that it might not be the case for the girl, but she didn't. Instead she said, "Good relationships always start with a good friendship Newt. You're in the right track."

Newt groaned and continued to eat his dinner and ignore his family. They laughed at his annoyed expression.

After dinner, Newt's mother and father were watching a movie in the living room. Sonya was in her room doing whatever she's doing and Newt's in the kitchen washing the dishes. It was his turn that night.

When he was done and was about to go to his room or watch a movie with his parents, he was blocked by Sonya. He tried to move away from her and leave the kitchen but she kept on blocking his path.