Chapter 5 - Take a Breath Let the Rest Come Easy

Previously:
- After their practice, (Y/N) and Newt started to go home
- Both were going to the train station
- Newt found out what (Y/N)'s parents were divorced and that she moved from her father's and mothers house on the weekends and weekdays

Chapter 5 - Take a Breath Let the Rest Come Easy

(Y/N) couldn't sleep that night. A smile formed on her lips as she remembered the warmth of Newt's hand. His gentle grip on hers. The roughness of his shirt as it brushed her cheek. His stories about his family. The train.

(Y/N) shot up from her bed.

These memories didn't help her sleep. Her body tingled with excitement as she thought of Newt. As she thought of the days that will pass. On those upcoming days, she'll get closer with Newt. But-

"(Y/N) you're the leader."

That's right, she thought. She was the leader. She has other responsibilities and other things to think about than what she'll wear or what she'll say when she sees Newt. She had to figure out how to lead her classmates. In a way, their grade for the finals is partly on her shoulders.

Right now, there were two sides of her. The leader (Y/N) and the lovesick (Y/N). She needed to reign in the lovesick (Y/N) and focus on being the leader.

When she was younger, she always felt like she was born to be a leader. It was a type of thinking that was drilled into her. It might be because of her parents and the people around her. It was why she wanted to prove to herself and everyone that she could do this.

Well, she'll find out about it tomorrow.

-

April 22, 2019
(18 days to go)

(Y/N) was able to schedule the gym for three weeks every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday for an hour and a half. That wasn't much time definitely for one day. But if her classmates were diligent, they'd be able to do this.

Their classes end on three o'clock. (Y/N) made the practice to start on 3:30pm in order to give her classmates some time to eat or change if they want. When they were dismissed, (Y/N) and Teresa headed straight to the gym. Her other classmates were going to buy food before going to the gym.

"I'm excited to see you and Newt in action," Teresa said as they laid their bags on the benches. They were the only ones there. "The power couple. The two great leaders."

"I'm not sure yet about myself. Of course, Newt is a great leader. He's the Vice President in the class."

"Title doesn't usually mean anything unless you do something. Last year's Vice President didn't really do anything."

"Who was he?" (Y/N) asked.

"Right I forgot you weren't here last year. He was Zart."

Since (Y/N) was just a new student that year, she wanted to stay low and just see the flow of the school. She was doing such a good job of it until Coach Janson assigned her as a leader. But she has been studying the flow of the school for about nine months now. Figures it was already her time to show what she's made of.

"Zart is a pretty nice guy."

"It's not always about being nice," Teresa fixed her glasses. Her natural look was her dark hair in a ponytail and her glasses. She hasn't seen Teresa in any other hairstyle or look than that. "It's about choosing the right thing to do for everyone and learning how to assert yourself. I'm sure you can do it."