Chapter 15 - Eyes Vacant and Stained

Previously:
- (Y/N) told her classmates that there are some who won't be part of the dance
- They make a new list of partners and of the people left
- (Y/N) doesn't have a partner
- (Y/N) talks with Coach Janson and he says that she will just take a different exam; a written exam

Chapter 15 - Eyes Vacant and Stained

May 3, 2019 (8 days to go)
Friday

It was their last class for the day. On Fridays, it was P.E. The ones who didn't exactly need to join the class anymore were given permission to leave. Most of them left, but there were also some who stayed.

"So about the dance," Coach Janson started, "you will perform it during the prom of the seniors. Before you say anything, just hear me out. The students were alright with it. They needed it to start off the night. Then after the dance, they said that you could join them."

"Well that was nice of them," Minho muttered.

After hearing this, some of the students didn't feel comfortable with performing during the senior's prom. Some felt like they were going to intrude and the others didn't think they want the seniors to stare at them while they danced. (Y/N) didn't know if this piece of information was going to motivate her classmates or scare them.

It wasn't much of an eventful class. Newt didn't even know why he stayed. Everyone was just talking about the dance which he isn't part of anymore. He looked around and saw that Minho, Harriet, and Alby also stayed. Maybe they just didn't want to go home. Newt didn't bother to listen and got lost in his thoughts.

Yesterday, when they were listing down the remaining people and choose their partners once again, Newt noticed that (Y/N) didn't have a partner. He never had a chance to talk to her about it. He kept on wondering what she was going to do. He also felt a bit shy to approach her.

Before he knew it, class was over. Newt over heard that there was going to be another practice today in the F. T. Park. He saw (Y/N) walking on her own since Teresa was probably with Trina to talk about the dance. Before they could leave the school, Newt walked up to her.

"Hey (Y/N)."

"Hi," she smiled.

"So, how's was practice yesterday?"

"Eh, it was alright," she shrugged. "We're working things out. It's a big adjustment. It's why we're practicing today."

"Right. I was wondering what you were going to do."

"What do you mean?"

"You don't have a partner right?"

"Yeah," she said in a low voice. "Coach Janson just said that I'll take a written exam instead."

"Are you alright with that?"

"Well, what else can I do?"

"So you won't go to the dance?"

"I don't know. I probably won't if I don't have to, but I also want to see them dance. See the end result of my hard work, even if I won't be a part of it."