Chapter 14 - Chaos Ensured

A/N: I know I published this before, but there's a new part at the bottom. That was supposed to be part of Chapter 15, but it felt like it fits better in this chapter.

Previously:
- Newt broke the news to (Y/N) that he can't be a part of the dance anymore
- (Y/N) was going to announce it to the class

Chapter 14 - Chaos Ensured

Upon hearing the news that some lost their partners, the reactions weren't...tame. The reactions of those who lost their partners were bad enough, but the others who were still going through with the dance were worse.

"We're you guys really excused?" Toad, one of their classmates, crossed his arms. He may have been short in stature (hence the nickname Toad), but he was well built all around.

"What do you mean by that?" Gally said with a dangerous look in his eyes.

(Y/N)'s eyes flickered nervously between Toad and Gally. Toad was usually very quiet but this must've pushed his buttons or something. And the person who reacted was Gally. This was bad since he was known to be a bit of a war freak. Say something bad about this friends or accuse them of something they've never done, well...goodbye. Both he and Alby had a temper that can't be matched.

(Y/N) saw that Alby wanted to intervene before a fight breaks out. But he was also looking at her. That's right, she was the leader. He might be the president but the matter beforehand was about the dance, something she's in charge of. Maybe he wanted to see if she could handle this.

"Remember that one time when most of you guys didn't show up for practice because of a test. What if you didn't want to dance anymore and asked your coaches to save you?" He taunted.

Just like that, it was chaos.

It was hard to get them all under control. (Y/N) was losing her nerve. She expected this type of outburst and chaos to happen from the class. She was telling herself that these things happen. She was telling herself that it's alright that these things happen. But she still couldn't help but get annoyed and angry because she couldn't control them.

"Guys," she tried to go to them. But the others formed a circle around the two. No one could get in, but she still tried. "Guys. Guys."

The job of a leader is tough. But (Y/N) knew that not many thought that she was fit to have it. Quiet, shy, and polite (Y/N). There's nothing wrong with that, but if you're a leader, you need a firm grip; an aura of leadership. But even Alby who has that aura was having trouble keeping them together.

This isn't the time to be thinking about how incompetent I am, she thought. She laid her hands on the teachers table. I need to get them under control.

She looked up and saw Newt and Teresa looking at her. They also tried to get in the circle, Alby was still trying. But they gave up seeing that they couldn't do anything. She hated the look on their faces. That look that says that they think that she couldn't do it or that she needed help.

(Y/N) didn't need this right now.

First, she lost her partner.

Meaning that all that jealousy and those stupid feelings were all for nothing.

She only had nine days to go and mostly half the class are gone.